I have bought BOSS DD-3 and CH-1 and i'm very pleased with them. I was wondering where to put noise suppresor/gate in the effect chain, and weather I should run them through the FX-loop or strait into the signal path?
I have heard of people running a ns rather befor or after all effects, it's more of a personal thing so try it both ways and see what works for you.

As for the fx, I'd run the dd3 in the loop for sure, the ch1 I would try both and see what you like, I had my ce5 in the loop and it was ok but sounded better through the front of the amp in my ears.
when it's on the clean chanel, everything is ok, both in loop and direct. but when I turn on the gain, then DD-3 creates a some sort of hum when in the loop, so that's why i wanted a ns. Would u recomend me a specific model, MXR, BOSS,...?
ISP Decimator - or G-String if you have the money.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
i think that i can't find ISP products in my country (Serbia)

MXR, Boss, Beringher, Digitech, Line6, Marshall, Ibanez, Dunlop, Fulltone -> those are the only makes i can find.
Last edited by Gucunja at Mar 17, 2009,
i run everything in front of my amp except for eq, my 10 band eq is in the loop
my ns-2 is last on my pedalboard before my 2 delay pedals
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Time base effects (like the CH-1) should go after noise gates/supressors so that the effect does not get cut off prematurely.
Soo... after playing a little with those pedals, i can say some conclusions of mine

DD-3: -when used in the loop, under distorsion, it creates hum while "delaying" (repeated tones are muffled) [can this be corrected with a ns?]
CH-1: when in loop, it works fine; when connected strait it creates a swelling hum when turned on [but that's no problem, il use it in the loop for sure]

And, i'll probably go with the ns-2, and it has an fx-loop by itself - what about using that option?
Quote by Gucunja
Soo... after playing a little with those pedals, i can say some conclusions of mine

DD-3: -when used in the loop, under distorsion, it creates hum while "delaying" (repeated tones are muffled) [can this be corrected with a ns?]
CH-1: when in loop, it works fine; when connected strait it creates a swelling hum when turned on [but that's no problem, il use it in the loop for sure]

And, i'll probably go with the ns-2, and it has an fx-loop by itself - what about using that option?

Is that hum you are getting from the delay amp hum... like when the ns-2 is off?

If so, it's probably the DD-3 repeats hitting and then receding the threshold of the NS-2.
I don't have NS-2 yet. Sry for not making that clear. When plugged in the fx-loop DD-3 [under distortion], when repeating is muffling the tone. So, if i have the setngs on eg. 3 repeats, the initial tone is clear, but the following 3 [comig from DD3] are just... blah!