ok so i have my final in like 7 hours and i was given 30 questions to answer and only 16 will be on the test. i'm only down to a few if you guys can help

- Describe three ways that Irish traditiona music has changed in the 20th century
- Describe how the interaction between the performers and the audience in Arab music differs from that in western classical music concerts
- Describe how music can be used to express and Irish national identity.
- Describe how hawaiin music affected the sound and instrumentation of early country music like Hank Williams and Jimmy rogers.

it's hard stuff and i look at alot of websites and it's definitely not stuff that's in my text book. can anyone help?
Class of 2010

University of California, Santa Barbara
I had no idea hawaiian music influenced early country. shit dont sound a lick alike.If anything, country has influenced certain forms of hawaiian...
- Describe three ways that Irish traditiona music has changed in the 20th century

More guns, more bombs, more death

- Describe how the interaction between the performers and the audience in Arab music differs from that in western classical music concerts

....no comment..... BOOM!

guns, bombs and social terrorism all encompassed in underground beatbox poetry

- Describe how hawaiin music affected the sound and instrumentation of early country music like Hank Williams and Jimmy rogers.

It didn't

I think that covers everything
^ i'll be sure to remember that when i fail. **** it oh well i figure give it a shot in the pit cus i'm as stuck as i'm gonna be.

PS do you know even know who Hank Williams/Jimmy Rodgers is?
Class of 2010

um ok well this is a college professor who is saying hawaiin musical instrumentation influenced VERY EARLY country. so...

not to say i know the answer, obviously i'm asking you guys.

did you know "boogie woogie" from new orleans influenced or may have influenced reggae?
Class of 2010

huh i didn't know hank and jimmy were influenced by hawaiian music...I can't help but my suggestion is to wiki it
I'm glad I can still be a good musician without knowing how music can be used to express Irish national identity.
Hawaiian music did influence early country. Hawaiian kings introduced (I believe) the pedal steel guitar. They introduced some other stuff but I forget what they are.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.

Well... by singing about Ireland and Irish-ness, surely?

Edit: Whilst using fiddles and bodhrans and whatnot at the same time.
ok so i've been doing wikipedia searching, though it's f'ing strenuous, and read that their style of playing, called slack-key guitar, had some influence on them. they finger picked and did pull offs and all that crap.

maybe this is how... idk. websites don't answer specific questions. i was wondering if some of you did for some reason. this is what happens when you miss a couple of lectures kids...
Class of 2010

Quote by cpt_pimp
ok so i've been doing wikipedia searching, though it's f'ing strenuous, and read that their style of playing, called slack-key guitar, had some influence on them. they finger picked and did pull offs and all that crap.

maybe this is how... idk. websites don't answer specific questions. i was wondering if some of you did for some reason. this is what happens when you miss a couple of lectures kids...

Pedal steal guitars from hawaii.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Quote by Ktool The Girth
Pedal steal guitars from hawaii.

either you mean't peddle steal guitars from hawaii or pedal steel guitars from hawaii
Quote by turdburgler
either you mean't peddle steal guitars from hawaii or pedal steel guitars from hawaii

The second one. Hawaiian kings gave the pedal steal guitar to the mainlanders as a gift for whatever reason I dont remember. Country musicians started using it in their music.
Quote by Yakult

Quote by DubStar92
Quote by Ktool The Girth
The second one. Hawaiian kings gave the pedal steal guitar to the mainlanders as a gift for whatever reason I dont remember. Country musicians started using it in their music.

steel goddammit!
Quote by turdburgler
steel goddammit!

Whatever, its 5:30 am and Im still pretty drunk, I think you can let 1 little error go.
Quote by Yakult

Quote by DubStar92
Quote by Ktool The Girth
Whatever, its 5:30 am and Im still pretty drunk, I think you can let 1 little error go.

****ing loser...hope you die from alcohol poisoning.
Quote by turdburgler
****ing loser...hope you die from alcohol poisoning.

Thats pretty harsh, have a bad night did we?
Quote by Yakult

Quote by DubStar92
Quote by Ktool The Girth
Thats pretty harsh, have a bad night did we?

Wow yeah because I automatically live where you live it's 3:pm right now where I'm at and no I'm p'oed at every moron that ****s up at being literate and just blames it on (who'd a thunk) their dumbass decisions.
Quote by turdburgler
Wow yeah because I automatically live where you live it's 3:pm right now where I'm at and no I'm p'oed at every moron that ****s up at being literate and just blames it on (who'd a thunk) their dumbass decisions.

Way to make a mountain out of a molehill there. Its one letter, I think your life will go on.
Quote by Yakult

Quote by DubStar92
Quote by turdburgler

Wow...

Also, I lolled at the highlighted...
Quote by Ktool The Girth
Way to make a mountain out of a molehill there. Its one letter, I think your life will go on.

Whatever continue being a ignoramous.
Quote by turdburgler
Whatever, continue being a ignoramous.

If you say so dear. Also, you forgot your comma in there, so I don't think you're one to be chastising people for their grammar.
Quote by Yakult

Quote by DubStar92
Quote by Ktool The Girth
If you say so dear. Also, you forgot your comma in there, so I don't think you're one to be chastising people for their grammar.

punctuation and grammar are two different things one is needed to know whats being talked about example. I play steal guitar (???). I play steel guitar (ahhh).
Punctuation is to remind you to breath as your reading.
Quote by turdburgler
punctuation and grammar are two different things one is needed to know whats being talked about example. I play steal guitar (???). I play steel guitar (ahhh).
Punctuation is to remind you to breath as your reading.

Maybe you should try this punctuation thing sometime. It might make you seem less stupid when you try to make fun of others when you cant seem to grasp the basics yourself.
Quote by Yakult

Quote by DubStar92
That guy really made his stay here last as long as he could. Also I just wikied pedal steel guitars for you. Invented by hawaiians in the late 1800s, Big influence in country and western, etc etc.
Quote by Yakult

Quote by DubStar92