hey guys,
ive got a problem with my g400 and i was wondering if anyone could help me out with whats wrong. i got it for christmas (therefore its not very old) and recently its developed some hum, which is similar to that of my stratocaster and therefore uncharacteristic of a humbucking guitar. when im not holding the guitar there is sum hum, which im pretty sure is louder than before. the real problem is when i touch anything metal on the guitar. it starts to hum big time. I compared it to the hum of my strat and its the same, if not slightly worse. im thinking it could have something to do with grounding issues. so i opened it up to have a look, but i couldnt find anything that looked like a grounding wire.
i what do you think? its still under warranty, but id like to think i dont have to go down that track. any suggestions are appreciated. thanks
My Gear:
Fender 60th anniversary standard strat
Ibanez GRG170DX (selling)
Marshall MG15CDR (selling too)
Yamaha FG-400A
soon to have:
Vox AD50VT
definetly grounding problem
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Yeah sounds like a grounding problem. Open up the cavity and see if any contacts are loose. Or maybe you started playing in another room which hasn't got grounding on the wall plug? But in that case the hum would be less when you'd touch the guitar...
try a different guitar cable.

if you've ever hand tightened the output jack, then you'll need to look at that too.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011