So I just received a Sonic Research Turbo Tuner. Ordered it on Friday afternoon and the mail lady dropped it off at my house today (Monday).

Background:
I am a huge researcher kind a guy, I do a ton of reading and visitation to Internet review sites and bulletin boards before I buy things, and I usually buy the best stuff I can afford. From amps to guitars to kayaks to cars...whatever.

I am kinda anal when it comes to tone and sound, I play an almost 30 year old Marshall head and have tweaked and nurtured my tone with lots of research, trial and error and work.

I needed a new tuner, as I was using a Boss TU 12 tuner, that worked OK, but was not ideal for using on my pedal board as it would not mute, hard to read from a distance, and couldn't be placed in line like a true bypass type. I had to run it at the end of my stereo reverb pedal that was in my effects loop.

I considered the Boss pedal tuner, Pitchblack and the Planet Waves pedal tuner based on reviews and talking to friends. In my research I found the Strobe tuner pedal from Peterson too. Problem was it was almost twice the price of the others I was looking at, and some questioned it's ruggedness, although I liked the fact that it was considered precise enough to set intonation.

But I couldn't decide if it was worth the extra hundred bucks, and it was not considered robust.

In my research I found the Sonic Research Turbo Tuner, a true strobe tuner, in a metal case, with all the features I wanted for 70 bucks less than the Peterson.

My experience:
Unwrapped it, it was small, very well built, all metal with allen screws holding the display onto the housing. Appears robust and rugged, thick steel and well engineered.

The display is very easy to read, intuitive to use, if it is spinning counter-clockwise, tune up, opposite if it is spinning clockwise. VERY precise and accurate, can see the change when I touch the peg. Much easier to use than strobe tuners I have used before, wih a display like the peterson's.

They claim 0.02% accuracy, where the Boss is 1%. I believe it. My intonation was looking perfect with my old tuner, now I can see quite easily that it is off. I haven't reset it yet, but I think it will work well.

It also picks up the signal much quicker than my old tuner and shows it longer.

Very happy with this purchase, recommend it to anyone needing a tuner, it works excellent for any electric guitar (it has no mic).
Which one did you get?
The Sonic Research ST-200 looks awesome. If I didn't already have the Pitch Black (which is great), I would definitely buy this pedal
Quote by 667
Which one did you get?
The Sonic Research ST-200 looks awesome. If I didn't already have the Pitch Black (which is great), I would definitely buy this pedal

Yes, the ST-200, I should have noted that.
Update, just set the intonation on my Les Paul, couldn't have been easier. I used a standard strobe tuner in the past to do it on a different guitar, this was easier.