Hi all

I’ve just bought myself a Korg GA-30, Its the first tuner ive ever bought, since I normally tune by ear but i thought id try one out, but the problem is, since the tuner can be used for 7 strings, and im only tuning for a 6 string, the tuner, and myself are a bit confused.
When i try to tune the Low E string It thinks its the Low B string (as if it is 7 string guitar) and when i try to tune the A string it thinks its the Low E string...... and so on.

Am i missing something ? like ive said, ive never used an electronic tuner before.

Any help would be great. Thanks.
You have enemies? Good. That means
you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -

Winston Churchill
I have the same Tuner, but never had that problem. Are you sure it says "Guitar" in the top right corner? If it does, then I would advise you to stop tuning by ear and start using the guitar tuner.

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

Its an Acoustic, and yes it says guitar at the top.
You have enemies? Good. That means
you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -

Winston Churchill
It probably has a function to change between six string and seven string guitars. But in any case it doesn't really matter what the tuner thinks the string number is, thats a predetermined display according to your instructions. So long as when you pick the string it reports it as the correct note that you're tuned to, then it really doesn't matter.