With the exception of say Lord Of The Rings, The Bourne trilogy and Indiana Jones, must film trilogies have one fatal flaw: a BAD FILM!
Godfather 1 and 2=masterpieces? possibly, but Godfather 3 definitely was weaker than the two. It's hard to make a third one, especially when the first two are deemed as masterpieces.
X men 1 and 2 ruled, but while a new director attempted a fresh perspective, it did not work out.
Spiderman just ****ed up
Star Wars: Yeah, ewoks...
Star Wars prequel: Ok, maybe the third one WAS the best out of those three...but they still all sucked in comparison to the original trilogy.
The third Indy was only good because the second one was downright awful.
Die Hard? Sheesh...
Back To The Future: Words cannot express how much i loved the first and second one. Third one? i liked it...didnt love it.
Matrix? oh god
Jurassic Park? For some reason number 2 is my favorite. That's it.
Alien has four...but Fincher rules...but 3 sucks
not David Fincher's fault
Technically Die Hard had 4 as well.
Rambo? never liked 4.
Blade: 1 was average. 2 was amazing (um del Toro rules) and 3 was average.
Mad Max 2 was awesomely good. 1 was good, 3 was meh...ish
Terminator? first one never had much of a budget...but it was good. Don't get me started on the kickass qualities of 2. 3 was AVERAGE

So go watch the Bourne trilogy or LOTR, two sagas that have always been about quality.

And that is why Batman should NOT have a third one. Nothing will EVER top the Dark Knight, and if the third one is made, it will end up just like Godfather 3. Adequate, but no where near the quality of the first two.

That's my predictions :P

now GAME trilogies...
Aren't there already more than 3 Batman films?
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
This is being done by the same director, actors and writers so it will be better than all the others you listed.
You're seriously trying to say Die Hard 2 was better than Die Hard With a Vengeance? Are you retarded? You invalidate your whole theorem with such an inaccurate statement.
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
i didnt think anything could top batman begins, and i was massively sceptical about heath ledger when news about him playing the joker got out a few years ago.

you never know what will happen.
Well, I hate to break it to you... BUT THERE HAVE ALREADY BEEN 3 BATMAN FILMS!
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
everyone needs to get their heads out of heath ledgers arse and accept that people other than him CAN act. brilliant performance in dark knight? yes. his death mean hollywood should stop everything that might ever be associated with him because it's not going to be better? no.

like spiderman. i like spiderman 3. if they had said "nah, the first 2 were good, we shouldn't do a third" i'd be really ****en pissed off.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Well, I hate to break it to you... BUT THERE HAVE ALREADY BEEN 3 BATMAN FILMS!

There's been 8 Batman movies..

Batman (1943)
Batman (1966)
Batman (1989)
Batman Returns (1992)
Batman Forever (1995)
Batman & Robin (1997)
Batman Begins (2005)
The Dark Knight (2008)

..so yeah.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Last edited by Vauxite at Mar 17, 2009,
I don't even remember how many batman films there are now.
Maybe 8 including the cartoon "Batman Beyond" movie based on the TV series.

Plus, you really didnt give a clear explanation about why Batman specifically should not have another film, just why OTHER movies should give up.

From my experience, the Batman series has been one of the better movie series. If you can't say you enjoyed the more recent trilogies and outdated series, I understand, but this really has nothing to do with Batman.

Lay off.

OH and you forgot Rocky...
Ignoring the fact that there have been more than half a dozen Batman films already, the logic "third films in some series have sucked before, so this one will too" is just fucking stupid.
So wrong about Back to the Future & Mad Max it's unreal.
Aliens 3 over Resurrection? Seriously? Pur-lease.
404: Sig not found.
Dark Knight wasn't even that good, it's possible to top it.
People are bastards. Bastardcoated bastards with bastardfilling.
Quote by kman123
*wall of text*

You seem to be basing your theory on your opinions of other film sagas. Note the word, opinions. Look it up in a dictionary, learn it.

Your opinion =/= everyone elses
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Not everyone will agree on which movies are good and bad, so your entire theorem is therefore invalid. If they did and everyone's tastes were the same, we wouldn't have ****ty movies now would we?
i play drums and guitar :
Batman (1943)
Batman (1966)
Batman (1989) (RUBBISH)
Batman Returns (1992)
Batman Forever (1995)
Batman & Robin (1997) (RUBBISH)
Batman Begins (2005)
The Dark Knight (2008)
NEW ONE (OH NOES!!!!!!)
Quote by JackalUK
Batman (1943)
Batman (1966)
Batman (1989) (RUBBISH)
Batman Returns (1992)
Batman Forever (1995)
Batman & Robin (1997) (RUBBISH)
Batman Begins (2005)
The Dark Knight (2008)
NEW ONE (OH NOES!!!!!!)

Nice Lamb of god lyrics
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

I could say the same about Twilight...except you know...none of them should've happened.
The Pit. The Movie.
3rd film? You're kidding...
Her friends are gazing on her,
And on her gaudy bier,
And weep!-oh! to dishonor
Dead beauty with a tear!
They loved her for her wealth-
And they hated her for her pride-
But she grew in feeble health,
And they love her-that she died.
TS, your reasons for saying exactly WHY it doesn't need a 3rd film aren't good reasons at all, just examples of other filmmakers who had either departed their original teams, just got lucky, weren't good among other things. I don't expect The Dark Knight's sequel to be better than it, as long as it's a good movie with a good story continued. And Nolan is a great filmmaker so don't dismiss it yet.
UG's Batman

NOW WITHOUT CHRISTIAN BALE'S "GRUFF" LISPY VOICE!

Batman doesn't need Christmas to wear his Santa hat.
What about god damn Death Wish?! (Talking about out of the first 3) IMO, 3rd was the best because of the ghetto-ness of it, and the soundtrack was done by Jimmy Page, and again IMO, I know Jimmy did the soundtrack for 2 and 3 but 3's is still better.
Last edited by Comrade Curry at Mar 17, 2009,