ok guys,so finally im going to the wood 'store' to get my alder.
i was wondering,how big would i need for a jackson kelly, or a V (if i cant make the kelly ill make a V instead)

thanks guys

so LxWxH
i think around 2 inch thick and 23inches long?
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
2 INCHES!!! gonna be cracking some skulls with that thing?
Quote by grimms
All I know is that if UG were a prison, all of us will either be dead, a prison bitch, or a dead prison bitch.

no?
when sanded it has to be 1 3/4,so...
if its planned do i get it 1 3/4 or 2?
if you can make a kelly awesome I'm buying a KE3 this week, can't wait for it.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
oh if you're gonna carve it down then that should be alright ( not that it wouldnt be if it was 2 inches, it would just be very thick), out of personal interest i'd go with the V. But a kelly would be cool down to the fact i havent seen many kelly builds going on.
Quote by grimms
All I know is that if UG were a prison, all of us will either be dead, a prison bitch, or a dead prison bitch.

Last edited by ILuvPillows? at Mar 17, 2009,
Quote by ILuvPillows?
oh if you're gonna carve it down then that should be alright ( not that it wouldnt be if it was 2 inches, it would just be very thick), out of personal interest i'd go with the V. But a kelly would be cool down to the fact i havent seen many kelly builds going on.

there's 2-3 , but 2 of them are by the same guy,and he doesnt have any wood/hardware yet lol.
i was thinking V,but a kelly just seems cooler to me, Marty uses it (this is going to be for my metal stuff,megadeth,pantera, maiden) and he used one,and i find them kickass.

DIMENSIONS PEOPLE?!?!

p.s. your sig is messed,you need the
Last edited by nowa90 at Mar 17, 2009,
Look on the ULTIMATE templates thread i think there is a Jackson Kelly template there
Quote by grimms

Last edited by ILuvPillows? at Mar 17, 2009,
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Look on the ULTIMATE templates thread i think there is a Jackson Kelly template there

yea i did,and i got it converted to paint,it says (rounded up) 22' by 16' and of coarse 1 3/4 thick.

so i take it he must not be lieing?
so ill ask fro a chunk of alder, 23 x 17 2 inch thick,or 1 3/4 if its planned?

goodnews!
my sister says her boyfreinds mom is planning on buyigna router,so that takes off some stress for the pickups/tremolo and controls
Probably going to have to half that and get two pieces since its both A) more expensive and B) harder to find one piece woods

That being said its not impossible, but it might take longer at this 'store'
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
so guys, i went today, an they dont have alder, only 66 other woods lol

it'd be alright if i made it from ash? it cant make that much difference, it would still sound better then my current guitar...
and im rethinking this, i think i may build a SG style instead...the explorer i tried didnt seem confortable and the kelly is the same concept...

so an Ash SG with a birdseye maple neck sound good?

OH! i saw a perfect peice of maple for 22$ that would be a awesome peice for the neck

and in the end, i ended up buying nothing today...i kinda regret it.