Okay, so, i've been thinking about switching from guitar to "lead bass", like Billy Sheehan or Cliff Burton-esque playing styles.

right now, i play lead guitar for my band, and i want to still do that, but on a bass,

http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/9/0/6/485906.jpg

call me names and whatnot, but that's the one i want to use

and then sell my guitar so i can put a kahler on it too.

just wondering if this is practical at all, although this probably isn't the right forum to be posting it on . . . but i'm sure you guys could give some helpful advice even still.
that is quite green. Awesome. You can put a Kahler on just about anything, with some modifications, but Kahlers have a bad rep around here for overall instability. Not suyre if the same problems exist on the bass version though
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by ice condition
Okay, so, i've been thinking about switching from guitar to "lead bass", like Billy Sheehan or Cliff Burton-esque playing styles.

right now, i play lead guitar for my band, and i want to still do that, but on a bass,

http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/9/0/6/485906.jpg

call me names and whatnot, but that's the one i want to use

and then sell my guitar so i can put a kahler on it too.

just wondering if this is practical at all, although this probably isn't the right forum to be posting it on . . . but i'm sure you guys could give some helpful advice even still.

It will take a lot of work to fit one in. Do you have the tools? As for Kahler trems, all the major companies use them, so they must be decent enough.

Now i'm interested in this idea of 'lead bass', even Billy Sheehan and Cliff knew how to groove and hold a beat together, i'd start with that side of things first!

Have you tried the Dean out? There are many more versatile basses out there for the price range.
Kahlers just need to be adjusted; most people don't know how to do this. And what most people don't know or don't understand they label as worthless.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel