I just picked up a Fender super champ XD and a crybaby and i'm gonna take the crybaby back. A lil too advanced for me, i think i want an effects pod (think thats what it's called). Like the line 6 pod that has all the amp models on it. It's about 130. Anything else you guys can recommendme look at instead? Could be pedels, really anything that would mesh well with my guitar/amp and style of music (metal/heavy stuff). Link to it if you can please.
GEAR

Hohner MR-800
B.C. Rich Rich Bich Platinum
MIC Squier Strat
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Fab chorus
Fab echo
Fender Super champ XD
The crybaby was too advanced for you?

..All you do is plug it in and step on it and rock it back and forth..

Gear:
Agile AL-2000 > Maxon OD808 > Boss DD-20 > Strymon blueSky > Splawn Pro Stock > Emperor 4x12

the lives to come

Quote by kschaef
The crybaby was too advanced for you?

..All you do is plug it in and step on it and rock it back and forth..

Well i don't know any songs i can play it on.

Quote by Jason0
Buy the footswitch for the XD if you don't already have it.

How much is it? Probably will get this but keep em coming if you can.
GEAR

Hohner MR-800
MIC Squier Strat
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Fab chorus
Fab echo
Fender Super champ XD
Oh, it's an amp called an XD. I thought he was doing one of those "laughing really hard" smilies!

I recommend the Boss MT-2 for dirt and CH-1 for clean. You can pick them up cheap and if you think a Crybaby is advanced, the button-and-menu system on the Pod is probably going to frustrate you too. Plus you can't really change your tone mid-song. I think they're generally used for recording.
Last edited by Johnny_Ibanez at Mar 17, 2009,
Quote by Jason0
Buy the footswitch for the XD if you don't already have it.

price was 24.99 gonna pick it up anything else?
GEAR

Hohner MR-800
MIC Squier Strat
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Fab chorus
Fab echo
Fender Super champ XD
Noise Suppressor, Compressor, EQ pedal.

Every guitarist should have one of these pedals (except maybe the compressor).

I want some
I also bought one of those tilt stands to put it on. I don't play alot of metal, but as far as pedals go what kind of bands do you listen to?
Quote by Johnny_Ibanez
Oh, it's an amp called an XD. I thought he was doing one of those "laughing really hard" smilies!

I recommend the Boss MT-2 for dirt and CH-1 for clean. You can pick them up cheap and if you think a Crybaby is advanced, the button-and-menu system on the Pod is probably going to frustrate you too. Plus you can't really change your tone mid-song. I think they're generally used for recording.

^^^LOL XD

Coincidence? I was just looking at the Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal and i liked what i saw there. Is the MT-2 better? $50 better, and why?

The line 6 pod system works just like the display on the spider 3 amps right? If so i can operate it fine. The thing about the wah isn't so much as i CAN'T use it, i just don't know/want to learn any songs that use it.
GEAR

Hohner MR-800
MIC Squier Strat
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Fab chorus
Fab echo
Fender Super champ XD
Quote by Jason0
I also bought one of those tilt stands to put it on. I don't play alot of metal, but as far as pedals go what kind of bands do you listen to?

Top favorite bands:

Metallica
AC-DC
Led Zeppelin
Pantera
Disturbed
As i lay dying

Anything similar to them.
GEAR

Hohner MR-800
MIC Squier Strat
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Fab chorus
Fab echo
Fender Super champ XD
I had a pocket pod. With over 350 patches built in it's a lot of fun. Don't worry about the navigation, it's easier than you think.

For the OP, Start with something simplier for learning, get a Digitech RP90.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Quote by KOL40
Top favorite bands:

Metallica
AC-DC
Led Zeppelin
Pantera
Disturbed
As i lay dying

Anything similar to them.

For Metallica, Pantera and Disturbed you might want a Compressor. It evens out the volume and increases sustain, so it's ideal for those heavy riffs. Nice for country too
Quote by Snowblind 911

maybe it's because of your description, or the fact that it's 1:30am here, or both, i can't stop giggling.

Sometimes girls say that too...
What you mean you can't use a wah? It doesn't relate to what you play? Can't you be original god damn it?!
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95