Yes! About time there was some reggae on this site.
Great tone on the solo, really fits well.
I would play the chords with down strokes and take your fingers off the fretboard to create a staccato sound which sounds better for reggae than upstrokes.
Also it needs a kick drum, preferably on the third for a fat one-drop beat.
Great job though, liked your Jamming cover as well!

Crit any of the songs on my profile if you would like to, thanks
Wow, that was simply amazing.
I love that song too!
I like how you played every instrument too.
Even if you didn't make it like the staccato sound that JonDLeary was talking about, it still sounds good.
You did a great job with this song.

You can comment any song on my profile as well, thank you and keep up the good work ;P
Quote by JonDLeary
Yes! About time there was some reggae on this site.
Great tone on the solo, really fits well.
I would play the chords with down strokes and take your fingers off the fretboard to create a staccato sound which sounds better for reggae than upstrokes.
Also it needs a kick drum, preferably on the third for a fat one-drop beat.
Great job though, liked your Jamming cover as well!

Crit any of the songs on my profile if you would like to, thanks

Thanks. This is the setup I use live and there's already so much gear involved that a kick drum would just be too much, plus I need one foot available at all times to activate my looper. As for strumming, I usually prefer an upstroke for reggae type tunes, to each their own. Checked out your harper cover, awesome job. Vivious, checked out one of your vocal covers, good work as well!

Cheers,
J
Awesome! The guitar sounds perfect, right rythm+ sound. The bass is a bit soft. But the rest fits in perfectly. You could work on your solo. The rythm keeps getting back, you play some notes and then a rest. Different timing or rests in other places maybe make it sound better perhaps, or some more varations.

I like that you play it a bit faster, and you really play chords instead of those muted stuff what Marley does.

Could you please do a quick-check on our song Alcohol & Medicine? (in my sig)
It ain`t raggae but still...
Wow, that's one of the coolest covers I've seen ever, and I'm not even a big fan of reggae. You are amazing dude.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
Thanks everybody!

Quote by Whiskey Tango
Absolutely amazing! What are using as a looper setup?

I use a Digitech JamMan.

Cheers,
J
Quote by MaXiMuse
Awesome! The guitar sounds perfect, right rythm+ sound. The bass is a bit soft. But the rest fits in perfectly. You could work on your solo. The rythm keeps getting back, you play some notes and then a rest. Different timing or rests in other places maybe make it sound better perhaps, or some more varations.

I like that you play it a bit faster, and you really play chords instead of those muted stuff what Marley does.

I'll try that. Thanks for the crit.

Cheers,
J