After trying a PRS at guitar center and being blown away, I have decided it is going to be my next guitar.

I am thinking of purchasing it sometime this fall when I have saved enough money

I am thinking something that caters to metal but is versatile in other styles as well (think opeth).

My price range is 2000-3500.

FYI I play out of a Orange Rockerverb 50 head and 4x12 cab and I hear PRS's sound excellent played through this setup
You really can't go wrong with a MIA PRS and the budget you've got to play with. The only real choices to be made are hardtail vs Tremolo, cut-away style & Pickup configuration. Be sure to post pics when you buy.
Moving on.....
custom 22/24

....from there it just depends on how many frets you want?
███████████████████████████████████
my main advice would be "try everything you can". PRS makes nice instruments, no doubt, but at that kind of budget, a lot of people do- suhr, tyler, huber, tom anderson, collings, etc. etc. etc. etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
What sort of sound are you looking for, do you want a Tremelo Arm?

I'd say go for an SC250 or Tremonti,
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by tona_107
custom 22/24

....from there it just depends on how many frets you want?

Actually, that's not true.There are quite a few differences between the Custom 22 and the 24. Besides the number of frets, there's only a trem available on the 24. The neck carves are different between the two, and the pickups are different also. If you want to customize these options, you'll pay more than double for a "private stock".