I'm about to grad nursing school and get an apartment. I will be doing a lot of demo recording when i get out of school and using that apartment for it and Its the classic case of "am i bothering the neighbors" Since they're just demo's i'll be using electonic drums and I've got a PODxt for most the guitar and Bass but I will still use other amps and I also have vocals to record. I've heard of making a iso booth out of blankets but Im not sure that it works that well. Is there any better quality ideas anyone has I'll drop $1500 to build something.
Quote by BrickIsRed
I recommend you move to a house like I did.

i thought this guy was a dickhead cos I read his post before i finished reading the opening post, but he might be onto something.

if youre willing to spend 1500 to soundproof for demos then it seems to me you have steady cash flow and should maybe just move to a house afterall.

not really too helpful, but just my 2c
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Quote by buzz
i thought this guy was a dickhead cos I read his post before i finished reading the opening post, but he might be onto something.

if youre willing to spend 1500 to soundproof for demos then it seems to me you have steady cash flow and should maybe just move to a house afterall.

not really too helpful, but just my 2c

I don't think an honest suggestion makes me a dick. I really did live in an apartment and it didn't work out.
Quote by buzz

Quote by BrickIsRed
I don't think an honest suggestion makes me a dick. I really did live in an apartment and it didn't work out.

Read again
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

There isn't really any realistic soundproofing that you can do in your apartment, let alone for 1500. I assume there are people under and above you as well as to the sides, so they'll all be getting some noise.

It really is a choice between maybe pissing them off a little, or moving, IMO.
There is poetry in despair.