Anyone seen a guitar lead with one of these jacks on one end:

http://www.neutrik.com/uk/en/audio/204_826925229/Silent_Plug_productlist.aspx

It looks like this

There are some in my local shop for the same price as a monster lead.

Which would be better.

I play metal (if it matters) and only need three meters.
I don't ever switch guitars (I have one) so I wonder if the silent lead has a point.
Are monster leads any good, or just overrated. Are there any better leads (for the same price)?

Thanks.
It's just a killswitch that mutes the cable as soon as you start pulling it out. no squeals. it doesn't really have a point if you aren't switching guitars. monsters tend to be overrated. livewires are a good idea for the price, and they have the same warranty.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Ah. I see. Neutrik makes pretty good stuff, so I'd go for it.

Don't judge me.
Monsters are overrated. I think so. At very least, they're equal.

Don't judge me.
you can get cleartones with those noiseless neutriks- they're great (though i have the non-noiseless version), and really, really cheap.

http://www.award-session.com/cleartone_cables.html

the magazines think they're awesome, too, by the way.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
My tuner is my kill switch.

I know Guitar Center and Daddy's will swap a damaged or defective Monster cable no questions asked (no receipt required).... so in that respect, Monsters are the way to go.
I think Guitar Center has the same policy with Live Wire.
did you change your location today? i could have sworn when i made my original post earlier that your location said you were in the UK (if it hadn't, i wouldn't have suggested cleartones)... if you are in the UK, then all that stuff about guitar center is a non-issue, as there aren't any here. and cleartones are by far the best value that i've come across in the UK, that's for sure. they're about half the price of planet waves, and absolutely annihilate them...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
did you change your location today? i could have sworn when i made my original post earlier that your location said you were in the UK (if it hadn't, i wouldn't have suggested cleartones)... if you are in the UK, then all that stuff about guitar center is a non-issue, as there aren't any here. and cleartones are by far the best value that i've come across in the UK, that's for sure. they're about half the price of planet waves, and absolutely annihilate them...

+1

Cleartones are amazing.

Don't judge me.
Quote by Dave_Mc
if you are in the UK, then all that stuff about guitar center is a non-issue, as there aren't any here.

No, not really. It's quite possibe that Monster has the same kind of agreement with whatever vendors and store-fronts they have over there. It's worth investigating.
oh yeah, it's possible, just it might not be as easy a fix. could be wrong though.

the other problem with monsters is that, like most other non UK-made stuff, they're likely to cost a premium. and they have some shady business practices too...

^^
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
oh yeah, it's possible, just it might not be as easy a fix. could be wrong though.

the other problem with monsters is that, like most other non UK-made stuff, they're likely to cost a premium. and they have some shady business practices too...

^^

You are probably correct. I just checked Monsters site... they specifically say "Guitar Center"... but I know other chains honor the warranty so.... I don't know.
i have no idea, i was just guessing i'm guessing they probably do honour the warranty regardless of where it's bought (as long as it's an official dealer), how hard it is to get a new one is probably the thing... if you have to wait for them to send it away, etc. etc., then it's not so good. But as i said, i'm just guessing.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?