Page 1 of 8
Patriot in a literal sense, not the colonists that fought the British in the Revolutionary war.
Do you openly love your country?

I'm Japanese, but I don't like Japan.
My parents, especially dad, are nationalists but I mock them a lot of time for being that.
My perspective changed during this month when Japan lost against Korea in the WBC.
Both my mother and father got pissed at this and started racially criticizing Korea.
When Japan drafts civilians as a war emerges, which is unlikely, I won't go maniac and get drafted saying "I would die for my country" because IMO that's worthless.
I would ran because fighting a war is the last thing I would want to do, even if I did enjoy Call of Duty 4.
So no, I'm probably what you would call an anti-pariot
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Its still hair, you know.
Last edited by radomu at Mar 17, 2009,
The La Le Lu Li Lo?

EDIT: Sometimes, depends on the subject of conversation.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
People call me a commie because I don't say the pledge...
November 15th 2007
Patriots suck!

Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
There was a thread on this teh other day, you'll find it if you search for the title 'patriot'.

It descended into Kensai arguing about his hoe-attracting mode.
I do love my county (USA) even with that assclown Obama in the office.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
i am english and proud to be from england, but i don't like what the country is becoming

EDIT: if i said that to my friends, they would condemn me, calling me some right-wing BNP supporter, which is very far from the truth

would you guys?
Last edited by fender_696 at Mar 17, 2009,
Quote by Darnek
People call me a commie because I don't say the pledge...

**** them and nothing wrong for being a commie
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Quote by fender_696
i am english and proud to be from england, but i don't like what the country is becoming

EDIT: if i said that to my friends, they would condone me, calling me some right-wing BNP supporter

which is very far from the truth

a black colony?
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Fuck the Pats, I'm a Lion

Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
There was a thread on this teh other day, you'll find it if you search for the title 'patriot'.

It descended into Kensai arguing about his hoe-attracting mode.

Descended... or ASCENDED???!

Think about it.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by fender_696

EDIT: if i said that to my friends, they would condone me, calling me some right-wing BNP supporter, which is very far from the truth

would you guys?

It depends if you think it is foreigners who are making this country go downhill or the unpleasant attitudes towards them and underlying hatred that is causing our country to land in the ****ter...

Personally I think it's the nationalists who are ruining Britain.

Quote by Kensai
Descended... or ASCENDED???!

Think about it.

Touche, Mr. Kensai...
Last edited by Mistress_Ibanez at Mar 17, 2009,
Quote by Zero_Mike
I do love my county (USA) even with that assclown Obama in the office.

I do love my county (USA) even with that assclown Zero_Mike living here.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by GNiCk89
Fuck the Pats, I'm a Lion

a bit off topic there, but +1 for the humor
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Love of a country is illogical. You did not choose where you were born, so to feel an emotional attachment a geographical entity is pointless.

Quote by RU Experienced?
I suppose one could consider me as patriotic.

You're from ****ing Pittsburgh?
A ****ing advocate of ****ing Carnegie Steel, I ****ing suppose.
You ****ing trust-supporter, **** your capitalist ****!

...I'm sorry, really should go to bed now.
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Last edited by radomu at Mar 17, 2009,
Quote by radomu
You're from Pittsburgh?
An advocate of Carnegie Steel I suppose.
You trust-supporter, **** your capitalist ****!

...I'm sorry, really should go to bed now.

I grew up in D.C., I'm practically obliged to be patriotic.
Quote by RU Experienced?
I grew up in D.C., I'm practically obliged to be patriotic.

that makes sense
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It depends if you think it is foreigners who are making this country go downhill or the unpleasant attitudes towards them and underlying hatred that is causing our country to land in the ****ter...

Touche, Mr. Kensai...
and i don't think that, it's a combination of everything really, the more the way it's being run and the daft laws that keep popping up

that with the violence and appalling weather (although it's been pretty good lately )

EDIT:
Quote by Pagan-Pie
Love of a country is illogical. You did not choose where you were born, so to feel an emotional attachment a geographical entity is pointless.

i'm not sure whether that was on the jokey side (with the cheeky little chap at the end), but you didn't chose your parents either

if it was a joke, then i apologise for not getting it
Last edited by fender_696 at Mar 17, 2009,
Quote by fender_696
and i don't think that, it's a combination of everything really, the more the way it's being run and the daft laws that keep popping up

that with the violence and appalling weather (although it's been pretty good lately )

Consider it a warning...

Every year, getting good springs mean we'll get a cold and rainy summer. There is some scientific basis for that, gulf streams etc, not just an old wives tale I'm echoing... but think about the last 2 years =/

And I have no problem with people complaining about the UK, It's just most of the times I hear "this country is going downhill..." it's coupled with "...because of the foreigners diluting our blood, taking our jobs, bla bla anti euro anti progress anti intellect rubbish rant"
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Consider it a warning...

Every year, getting good springs mean we'll get a cold and rainy summer. There is some scientific basis for that, gulf streams etc, not just an old wives tale I'm echoing... but think about the last 2 years =/

And I have no problem with people complaining about the UK, It's just most of the times I hear "this country is going downhill..." it's coupled with "...because of the foreigners diluting our blood, taking our jobs, bla bla anti euro anti progress anti intellect rubbish rant"
ah really. damn

and yeah, i agree
Quote by casualty01
go Canada!

Cas-

I love my country.
Quote by Bill43

I wouldn't know an Opeth song from an Egg McMuffin
Quote by fender_696

EDIT: if i said that to my friends, they would condone me, calling me some right-wing BNP supporter, which is very far from the truth

would you guys?

condone means to agree/support. your post makes no sense.

assuming you meant "condem"... then OK.

either way... your friends are asshats. to be proud of where your from and not agreeing with the state is becoming ( an islmaic fundamentalist breeding ground... which London/England has been for a long time) is not right wing. it's being able to look past the bull**** human rights doctrine that has become religion to the EU and is in turn leading, albeit slowly, to your downfall.

Cas-
Quote by casualty01

either way... your friends are asshats. to be proud of where your from and not agreeing with the state is becoming ( an islmaic fundamentalist breeding ground... which London/England has been for a long time) is not right wing. it's being able to look past the bull**** human rights doctrine that has become religion to the EU and is in turn leading, albeit slowly, to your downfall.

Cas-

Can I hold your hand as we descend into oblivion?
I love the USA, just not some of the crap we're connected with.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Quote by Pencil Man

Like canada?

Quote by Pencil Man

Canada isn't crap. I dunno about Mexico though.
Quote by Bill43

I wouldn't know an Opeth song from an Egg McMuffin
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

then you'd be wrong.

I'm sure you're happy subscribing to the belief that the foreigners do no wrong and the "brown people are without sin" ... but the fact of the matter is, the immigrants from egypt, morroco, pakistan, and elsewhere that have islamic backgrounds DO indeed segregate themselves from society, leech of of your abundant social welfare programs, disrespect your society and plan in their own way to subjugate it all while claiming victimhood and demonizing your freedoms.

You may not see it, but that's because your elected elite have conditioned you not to because, sadly enough... you don't matter any more. you aren't breeding... you are not the voting future. before you know it, you will be in a caliphate and all your pontificating about the poor brown downtroden will have been in vein. You will not know the Britain, the Britain that gave the world commonlaw, and you will not know yourselves, because you're too worried about offending anyone with a tan that wants to kill you for not believing in their imaginary friend.

Best of luck to you...

cas-
Quote by casualty01

Cas-

Good points but unfortunately in the UK, the only anti-fundamentalist anti-EU party IS the far-right racist BNP.
There's no middle ground, you either love the eu and welcome immigrants or you hate the eu and affiliate yourself with a party whose members regularly get arrested for race hate crimes... =/

EDIT:
To your other post, you are right, but I am emigrating as soon as I graduate so that isn't my problem
Britain had no decent culture anyway, we are all sore from losing our commonwealth and the only national thing we all have in common is complaining. Immigrants are welcome to live there as far as I'm concerned...
Last edited by Mistress_Ibanez at Mar 17, 2009,
I'm English, and thus Patriotism is a dirty word.... ¬¬

Stupid ****ing liberals
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
I'm sure it's been said before

but there's like, a fine line between patriotism and racism, and some people find it hard to draw a line between that.

I myself wouldn't say I'm a patriot, and I think I automatically assume that someone might have racial stereotypes if they were to say that they were.

Probably not a good thing to assume but, ah well.
Quote by casualty01
then you'd be wrong.

I'm sure you're happy subscribing to the belief that the foreigners do no wrong and the "brown people are without sin" ... but the fact of the matter is, the immigrants from egypt, morroco, pakistan, and elsewhere that have islamic backgrounds DO indeed segregate themselves from society, leech of of your abundant social welfare programs, disrespect your society and plan in their own way to subjugate it all while claiming victimhood and demonizing your freedoms.

You may not see it, but that's because your elected elite have conditioned you not to because, sadly enough... you don't matter any more. you aren't breeding... you are not the voting future. before you know it, you will be in a caliphate and all your pontificating about the poor brown downtroden will have been in vein. You will not know the Britain, the Britain that gave the world commonlaw, and you will not know yourselves, because you're too worried about offending anyone with a tan that wants to kill you for not believing in their imaginary friend.

Best of luck to you...

cas-

Bit generalizing don't you think?