Poll: Which region should I go to?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which region should I go to?
Seattle (SEA)
83 38%
Houston (IAH)
46 21%
Chicago (ORD)
92 42%
Voters: 221.
Page 1 of 3
I'm going to America this year as an exchange student, probably sometime this august. I'll be there for a year and study at some random high school. Well to get to the point; I'll get to choose which region I'm going to. These are the regions I get to choose from:

Seattle (SEA):
Alaska
Idaho
Montana
Oregon
Utah
Washington
Wyoming

Houston (IAH):
Arkansas
Kansas
Louisiana
Oklahoma
Texas

Chicago (ORD):
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Nebraska
North Dakota
South Dakota
Wisconsin

So you pitmonkeyz, which region do you think that I should go to? Chicago, Houston or Seattle? Preferably somewhere with a nice climate (=hot). And of course somewhere with a good music scene, good soccer teams. Please tell why you voted! Public poll for the lulz.
Thanks in advance

Quote by Dirtydeeds468

BUT DUDE! THAT'S MY OPINION! JUST LIKE PEOPLE HAVE OPINIONS THAT ALL BLACK PEOPLE ARE CRIMINALS! IT JUST CAN'T BE CHALLENGED BECAUSE IT'S YOUR OPINION!

WHEEEEEEEE.

Heja Sverige!
Last edited by RedOrange at Mar 17, 2009,
Go alaska! You can see russia from there, you know.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Well the Houston area would definitely have the hotter climate. I don't know about music scenes though, they pretty much suck everywhere!
Come to Texas, especially Dallas. Everyone here is really chill, weather's good, and you'll love the open space.
Ok, I've lived in lots of places in the US.

Here is how it is in each part, generally.

The South - Very Accepting, But lots of assholes
The East - SO MUCH COOL **** TO DO
The West - Expensive, overrated. But there are lots of people.
Quote by Twisted Magnum
I'd throw a Marshall MG at him while he succumbs to tone killing gain.

Quote by King Krapp
Spend all $200 on M&M's, then find a friend with an acoustic, and fill the body with them. Why? Because you can.

Quote by !@#$
Well the Houston area would definitely have the hotter climate. I don't know about music scenes though, they pretty much suck everywhere!

That's what I thought. Hard decision but I'm tired of the cold swedish climate!

Quote by Dirtydeeds468

BUT DUDE! THAT'S MY OPINION! JUST LIKE PEOPLE HAVE OPINIONS THAT ALL BLACK PEOPLE ARE CRIMINALS! IT JUST CAN'T BE CHALLENGED BECAUSE IT'S YOUR OPINION!

WHEEEEEEEE.

Heja Sverige!
Go to Canada.

That's in America, right?
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Houston has a great music scene. If you choose Houston, go to either Houston or Dallas. I hear the DISD is terrible, as I live near Ft. Worth, but they are wonderful cities. Plus, the World's Largest Hooters is in Dallas as well as the House of Blues. HOuston is cool too. Whatever, just GO TO TEXAS!
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Quote by !@#$

To TS, Austin (one of the biggest music scenes in the U.S.) is pretty close to Houston, so that takes care of that -_-

Plus, you go to Houston and you can always go down to Galveston to see the gulf.
Chicago: great blues going on.

though Houston is probably warmer.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I'm in love with the city of Chicago. Just a really awesome culture and feeling. Pretty good music scene too if you're into jazz and blues. Not sure about all the places you listed. Some of the states listed are pretty far from Chicago, so I'm not sure how much time you'll spend in the actual city.

Also, the States really aren't known for their soccer teams. American Football and Baseball are our major sports.
I chose the Houston one. It's in the the central option, and from there you can really travel anywhere. Just hope you don't get put in Kansas. It's so boring here in Kansas.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
Their is a lot more stuff to do in that area because some pretty major cities are in that region e.g. St. Louis, Chicago, Detroit, Indianapolis... As far as the Temp goes, this are is pretty versatile in the wintere 10-40 degrees Farenheit and in the summer anywhere from 70-100 degrees farenheit. That is about -35 to -18 celsius and -2 to 37 degrees celsius
Make a joyful noise.

Guild M-30

Peavy Audition 110 amp hey, i'm actually proud of this one.
boss ME-50
www.iamterrified.com
Quote by C_Miller
I'm in love with the city of Chicago. Just a really awesome culture and feeling. Pretty good music scene too if you're into jazz and blues. Not sure about all the places you listed. Some of the states listed are pretty far from Chicago, so I'm not sure how much time you'll spend in the actual city.

Also, the States really aren't known for their soccer teams. American Football and Baseball are our major sports.

And I'm inte jazz and blues, so that sounds great.
I know that soccer isn't the major sport. But I've never even tried any of those sports so It would be hard to play it

Quote by Dirtydeeds468

WHEEEEEEEE.

Heja Sverige!
i think Seattle has a great music scene, and Chicago has as well.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
Chicago for sure, there's always a show going on somewhere...the weather will be hot if you're here in the summer and there's tons o' **** to do
Quote by theR
seattle of COURSE

Please tell why?

Quote by Dirtydeeds468

WHEEEEEEEE.

Heja Sverige!
Quote by S)E-Javelin
To TS, Austin (one of the biggest music scenes in the U.S.) is pretty close to Houston, so that takes care of that -_-

Plus, you go to Houston and you can always go down to Galveston to see the gulf.

Yeah, Austin is full of music and badassery.

Houston is good, it's got that Texan heat although I must also warn you of humidity cause of the gulf. Or atleast it seems humid to us Dallas folk. I can tell you also that the culture is pretty conservative in Texas (in general).

I've heard good things about Seattle though, and I really want to go. The weather's probably not as nice but I've heard the music scene is pretty healthy.

Basically Houston is medium, I just don't know if the other cities are better or not. BUT Houston is only an hour an half to two hours away from Austin, and I can vouch thoroughly for Austin. You should really go there.
Quote by metacarpi
I'd rather post a chat up line with an escape route in case it starts going wrong.

"Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"

*girl looks unimpressed*

"Because it looks like you landed on your face."
Yeah, Chicago seems cool. But only if you are put in that city. In the Houston region, I wouldn't mind being anywhere in the region thats not full of hicks and farmers. I love North Texas because you can go and see where the artsy-fartsy people live, and you can see where the hobos and the prostitutes live. I love it because I grew up here. I you like diversity, you can get it here. In Arlington is a huge Guitar Center, right next to a Waffle House and the new Cowboys Stadium. Is magnificent in North Texas. Go here. Tons of music and music stores.

edit: ^ I haven't been to Austin (for long) yet, but it seems cool. Also, our craigslist is great. Cool deals. Houston is great. Just go to Texas, TS.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Last edited by Pencil Man at Mar 17, 2009,
I don't think people read your post very well. You get to choose the region, but not the state or school within that region right?

If you want warm weather go with the IAH region, of those states, only Kansas actually gets cold.

There are lots of temperate places in the SEA region, but lots of horribly inhospitable states too, best not to risk it.

I live in the last region and you aren't going to enjoy the climate of it at all.

You can't really compare the culture of each region (or even some states within a few of the regions) it will be different wherever you go. I personally wouldn't worry too much about the different cultures--you'll get a unique and enjoyable cultural experience wherever you go.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
I don't think people read your post very well. You get to choose the region, but not the state or school within that region right?

you're right. I've been interviewed by the organisation that's sending me there (AFS) and they knowabout my interest, so they will try to match my interest up with some family thats living in that region that I get to choose!

Quote by Dirtydeeds468

WHEEEEEEEE.

Heja Sverige!
Quote by metacarpi
Go to Canada.

That's in America, right?

don't be stupid! it's in France
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
CHICAGO! ive been to alot of places and Navy Pier is the place to be in the summer, always something goin on there everyday.

also, go watch a bears game
UG Radio

Quote by ddrocksv3_4xpk
Thine Behold one rollin?
Quote by _T_H_R_I_C_E_
Lo, and the other lads be hating,
gallyvanting around,
attempting to catch me cycling in an unsavory fashion.

XBL: Panzyz

PSN: Dasan104
I voted Chicago just because I want you to struggle in school, drop out and make an organised crime ring.
Seattle is a good place. But, be warned, it rains A LOT there.

It's also one of the most healthy places in the states. Vancouver, Canada is also close to Seattle so you could visit Canada on your times off. Vancouver has lots of weed (if your into that) and they are pretty cool about it.
i'd say that you should go to texas. everything's bigger and better in texas but whatever you do, remember, don't piss anyone off; it's not nice to pick on retards.
Chicago or Seattle, you can't go wrong with either areas , but it does get pretty cold, but they are superior as far as music goes IMO
Quote by solitaryshell90
Chicago or Seattle, you can't go wrong with either areas , but it does get pretty cold, but they are superior as far as music goes IMO

How cold are we talking? Anything hotter than -15 degrees Celcius can I consider fine, cuz it's been a long, cold winter here in the north of Sweden

Quote by Dirtydeeds468

WHEEEEEEEE.

Heja Sverige!
Page 1 of 3