Hey UG members. I've been playing guitar for about 3 years and I play a Jackson RR3 through a Vox Valvetronix AD100VT. I am thinking about selling my Vox to get a Randall amp, but I'm not sure which one to get. My budget is from $500 - $600 and I play metal (Bullet For My Valentine, Atreyu, Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed).

I will mainly be using this amp at home and maybe some small gigs. I was also thinking about getting a SS Randall over the tube Randalls, and was wondering if the SS Randalls take pedals well?

Thanks for your help guys. Again, my budget is $500 - $600 and am wondering which SS Randall amp to get that takes pedals well. Thanks.
i recommend the Randall rg50tc, seriously its a truly excellent amp, the best tube combo for that price range
you are what you is
yea the G3 series takes pedals well. Actually now it's the G3+ series. I still have my RG75 G3 and it is a keeper
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
Thanks for the responses guys. I noticed that the G3 Plus series contains a tube, but are there any Randall amps that are all Solid State (no hybrids) instead of having that tube power?
it's only 1 pre-amp tube, can't really say it makes it sound like a tube amp but it still sounds well for what it does and you don't have the tube amp maintanence with it
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
Quote by madh4ttr
it's only 1 pre-amp tube, can't really say it makes it sound like a tube amp but it still sounds well for what it does and you don't have the tube amp maintanence with it

So, I will never have to change the pre-amp tube in it? That's pretty cool. I'll definitely look into them now. One other question: In comparison to my Vox Valvetronix (which people say makes all guitars sound the same), would the Randall G3 Plus series do the same thing?
No, the Valvetronix is a modeling amp with a lot of sounds that model different amps.

The Randall G3+ series are just solid state. Great distortion and very clean cleans, but nothing in between.

If you play anything other than metal, I'd recommend a Randall RG50TC tube combo. It's in your price range and can do almost anything other than jazz.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales