Ronnie James Padavona 1942-2010
Darrell Lance Abbott 1966-2004
Jon Nödtveidt 1975-2006
Per Yngve Ohlin 1969-1991
Øystein Aarseth 1968-1993
Joe Ptaceck 1973-2010
Ace Börje Thomas Forsberg 1966-2004
Last edited by Simon Blackwing at Mar 17, 2009,
The intro riff was kinda to stoppy for my taste. It kinda got on my nerves a bit. I thought the verse one riff sounded like a Sepultura influenced riff and it sounded great. I also liked the drums because it sounded great with the riff. I didn't think that the chorus fit the song to tell you the truth but it is a great chorus tbh. I thought you could use another riff for the bridge because that riff gets very annoying after the first time around tbh. I thought the transition from bridge 1 to verse 2 wasn't great and needs work. Verse 2 was ok but nothing great. I didn't like the interlude for some reason. Interlude 2 on the other hand kicked major machine head ass. I can see the influence there and none to less, it is a great riff. I didn't like the transition from interlude 2 to pre solo. I was expecting more of a impact solo but thats just me. Overall, I think this could be a pretty amazing song with tweaking and work.

My song is in the sig.
That was a pretty good song overall. Nice pace, good riffing and interesting melodies. Not to fond of the second half of the solo though. It had a great feel but could have been built up to a more interesting climax.
The intro riff, as mentioned in the 2nd post, is kinda "stoppy" but come bar 9 I came to fully appreciate the riff, I think it sounds great w/ the insane double bass you have going on there.

I really like the verse riff, it sounds like a really heavy part if it were to be recorded on actual guitar, I also like what you did w/ the drums for the verse.

My first gripe of this song is the chorus, it does not flow w/ the way the song started. It kinda comes out of nowhere and I think you should come up w/ a diff. chorus, just my thoughts on it.

Verse 2 is an ok riff, its good to see that you did an alternative riff (expanded on the original) instead of reusing it, but the end result is a very lackluster riff (verse 2).

The Interlude was quite a surprise, I liked it but once again does it flow w/ the song? I can't really tell, it sounds good though so def. keep it.

Interlude 2 sounds like a carbon copy of a Lamb of God song from their album Wrath, not a big fan of that riff but it works so keep it.

The Pre Solo was good and serves its purpose, I also enjoyed the solo (both of them), great job!

Overall a good song w/ a lot of potential, I can't call/define this as a thrash song, but its def. a groove metal kind of song.

7.5/10, keep up the good work!

crit a song from my lastest album (don't crit tracks that have already been critted)?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1095241
"Our revenge so everlasting sweet,
Enslave your Children, Behead the weak,
Kill every last Man, Woman and Machine
The cleansing has begun.
Your meek defense is foolish,
we come from the stars a trillion strong."