Isn't there supposed to be a tube in there?

I've been playing the damn thing for well over a year and just decided to check it.. it's a hybrid amp so i'm guessing the tube isn't that important.. but i'm going to a music store in a few minutes.. should I just go ahead and buy one for it?
you mean the round thing? it looks like a volume dial.
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Regardless of the photo

Tubeless Tube amp- Saddest thing know to man

I dont think you can just BUY any tube, has to be power or pre amp and then some amps only take certain kinds. Take it to the shop

>.>

<.<

*Seal away*
Quote by grimms
All I know is that if UG were a prison, all of us will either be dead, a prison bitch, or a dead prison bitch.

Last edited by ILuvPillows? at Mar 17, 2009,
That is the BOTTOM of the tube socket...The tube is upside-down underneath that..

or at least that's where it's supposed to be. YOU find out if it's missing or not, assuming you know what a tube looks like..
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
Quote by Nevermind1299

Isn't there supposed to be a tube in there?

I've been playing the damn thing for well over a year and just decided to check it.. it's a hybrid amp so i'm guessing the tube isn't that important.. but i'm going to a music store in a few minutes.. should I just go ahead and buy one for it?

I'm no expert either, and by the time I finish this post someone with more knowledge will probably have answered and rendered my input useless, buuuuut...

Did you get the amp second-hand? I'd have thought if there was no valve connected it would be a broken circuit in the (presumably valve-driven) pre-amp, although this is just me trying to make an educated guess.

Also, if you want to replace the valve, do you know what type of valve you need and/or how to re-bias it because these factors should definitely be known to you before you spend your cash on a valve you may not be able to use.

Back to the 'missing valve but working' thing, if it's second hand perhaps the previous owner had a solid-state preamp wired in and bypassed the valve for some reason

Edit: I knew this was going to happen
Quote by THE Saint Jimmy
That is the BOTTOM of the tube socket...The tube is upside-down underneath that..

or at least that's where it's supposed to be. YOU find out if it's missing or not, assuming you know what a tube looks like..

Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Last edited by DisarmGoliath at Mar 17, 2009,
Quote by GaijinFoot
you mean the round thing? it looks like a volume dial.

-1 Try again, 9-pin slot, for a 12AX-7 tube. ^^^ and generally you don't bias pre-amp tubes, biasing balances the power amp tubes so they all push at the same level
Last edited by oldkoolairbrush at Mar 17, 2009,
hybrid amps are actually quite nice sounding, if you get the right one, mod it a bit. I REALLY enjoy the sound of mine..It is possible to use without a tube I'd say. There is no power tube, it's just a pre-amp tube.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Regardless of the photo

Tubeless Tube amp- Saddest thing know to man

I dont think you can just BUY any tube, has to be power or pre amp and then some amps only take certain kinds. Take it to the shop

>.>

<.<

*Seal away*

saddest thing known to man is a rose that has thorns which proves life is so cruel *flicks hair over one eye*
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!