Page 1 of 2
So i'll keep this short, basically I was hanging out with my ex yesterday (as friends) and when I got home my mom yelled at me for seeing her. This led to my mom telling me to never date someone who doesn't come from a perfect family, no divorce, no death, no violence etc. Because the relationship I have with them will be identical to their parents. I think it's relatively unfair to say that in a day and age where the divorce rate is 50% and in truth, who can pick their family?

So do you think people will follow the relationship patterns of their parents? or can they change who they are and fix the mistakes their rents made? On a larger scale, are people destined to just turn out like their parents?
Quote by adamk991100
I'm not in college, but i'd imagine the parties like the ones I just downloaded...

Quote by Weaponized
vagelier and PinkFender_69 are actually pretty dope
Hey, one of those people is me!

Just hang on a second, I'll be back.
If I am I'll either be some chemistry nerd or working with a bunch of screaming toddlers.
Relationship wise would be.. alright I guess my parents have been married for over 20 years. But I don't thin I will turn out like them.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Quote by PinkFender_69
So i'll keep this short, basically I was hanging out with my ex yesterday (as friends) and when I got home my mom yelled at me for seeing her. This led to my mom telling me to never date someone who doesn't come from a perfect family, no divorce, no death, no violence etc. Because the relationship I have with them will be identical to their parents. I think it's relatively unfair to say that in a day and age where the divorce rate is 50% and in truth, who can pick their family?

So do you think people will follow the relationship patterns of their parents? or can they change who they are and fix the mistakes their rents made? On a larger scale, are people destined to just turn out like their parents?

Does your mom go outside?
Quote by DaFizzle
Periods are only a myth made up by woman to have more things to cry about, its the same with birth pains. Because i imagine its like having a shite and i quite enjoy turding.

Quote by SoftParade1967
subway?
Quote by Exo M7
he needs a ride not a sandwich ****ing retard
If someone wants to be like their parents they will be, if the don't then they won't.

Same as for the relationships.

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Quote by SymereusISBack

Apparently she lives in a village in the 1300s.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

Your mum's a moron. Date who you want, if you date the wrong person its your mistake to make not hers.
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

If you take a look around, most people are so much like their parents its scary.
Quote by el-ECTRO
Apparently she lives in a village in the 1300s.

To be honest, you're not far off, she's pretty damn old and holds very conservative views. She's set in her ways I guess, I don't know why she's the one to talk anyway, her and my father haven't hugged or kissed in like, 10 years, and i dont think they even like each other anymore, but they've stayed married.
Quote by adamk991100
I'm not in college, but i'd imagine the parties like the ones I just downloaded...

Quote by Weaponized

"perfect family"?

Puch that bitch in the face.

On topic, no I don't think that. People are different, and different things happen to them in their lives. Unless you plan on marrying your sister or something.
Quote by PinkFender_69
To be honest, you're not far off, she's pretty damn old and holds very conservative views. She's set in her ways I guess, I don't know why she's the one to talk anyway, her and my father haven't hugged or kissed in like, 10 years, and i dont think they even like each other anymore, but they've stayed married.

I hope for your sake you do not end up like them.

Haha, that is by far one of the worst pieces of advice I've ever heard.

I'd say hell no, my Mum and I have personalities that are almost polar opposites to each other and my while I'm every bit as eccentric as my Dad we have fairly different outlooks on life.
Quote by SymereusISBack

Women dont go outside, they're too busy in the kitchen
Quote by el-ECTRO
I hope for your sake you do not end up like them.

I'm adopted, so i'm hoping genetics had something to do with their failures.
Quote by adamk991100

Quote by Weaponized

Your mum sounds like she wants to continue Hitler's work in eugenics.

Screw her, do whatever the hell you want to do, it's not upto her what you do or who you see.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
You are a bad man...I like you

Quote by gillehy
you sir should be knighted

Quote by Sleaze Disease

It's so true.

I

MUSIC!!!
girls (and guys i suppose) from 'perfect' homes are generally balanced, friendly, intelligent (generalising here) but i guess, to a degree, boring
now while a girl from a messed up family may have issues, she will also be a lot of fun
wink wink, nudge nudge

so i reckon it balances out

oh and in terms of parents i think we become opposites to extremist parents (heavy bible bashing parents = unreligious, or even anti-religious, children)

this is a lot of generalising though
Hey Guy
Tell her she's full of ****.
Cause she is. She's full of ****.
Alot of it. Filled to the brim.
Bitch.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
"perfect family"?

Puch that bitch in the face.

On topic, no I don't think that. People are different, and different things happen to them in their lives. Unless you plan on marrying your sister or something.

+1
People tend to mirror the actions they liked from their parents and overtly rebel against the ones they didn't like. IE, you, TS, are unlikely to be a fascist about your kids dating simply because your mom is. Or, someday you might see some validity to what she's saying and follow it, only to gasp and say "Oh my God, I've become both my mother and a cliche!" You'll do what you want; the only way you're destined to be your parents is if you're utterly brainwashed.

(That said, she does have at least some tiny point in that the single biggest risk factor for being abusive is growing up in an abusive home. Is she afraid the girl will hit you?)

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Well my dads owns a computer store and my mom is a banker while i am a Communist. Nope dont think so.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

You're adopted. Your mother doesn't love you.

had to be done.

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
You're adopted and she cares about the model of the 'perfect' family?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to have a go at adoption or say that it produces ****ty families. I'd just expect that if your Mum has the outlook you said she has then she'd generally not go for that sort of thing.
Quote by NOnamesLEFT
girls (and guys i suppose) from 'perfect' homes are generally balanced, friendly, intelligent (generalising here) but i guess, to a degree, boring
now while a girl from a messed up family may have issues, she will also be a lot of fun
wink wink, nudge nudge

A good point though is sheltering. I know a girl who honestly probably can't easily tell the difference between "this guy is friendly" and "I'm about to get raped." That's a bit too protective.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

That's stupid dude... You end up being the way you want to be. Of course the environment and the people you are with may influence the way you act. But still at the end, it's all your choice to be who yo want to be.
She's sort of hard to follow sometimes, I suppose there's a lack of connectivity there as well because i'm adopted. But i'm not here to rant about my personal problems, continue with the conversation.
Quote by adamk991100

Quote by Weaponized

Quote by PinkFender_69

No. Your mom sounds like a ****ing moron, stab her in the ears.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by kxy1992
Women dont go outside, they're too busy in the kitchen

ooohhhhhhhhhhhhh he went there
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

i think people are a result of their influences so theoretically if someone stayed at home all the time then yes they would be like their parents
Quote by eggo_boi_15
Your mum's a moron. Date who you want, if you date the wrong person its your mistake to make not hers.

+10000000000
Not, it's not a hard fast rule.

People pick up traits from their parents yes, but that's only because they live with them for so long. But ultimately, they also have their own little quirks.

Trust me, it's all in what you see.

I lived with and have endured a cuntbag of a mother who ... no matter what... every time there was a good trait that shined within me or sibling, it somehow miraculously was a "bellock" trait. However, if we did anything remotely not up to her standards "he's/she's his/her fathers son/daughter!!"

so don't listen to that horse ****. It's utter bull****. Yes we retain some of our parentages qualities, but it's only an "aside" not a plot line. If you or anyone winds up exactly as their parents, it's your/their fault... not a ****ing biological imperitive.

tell your mother to get over her anger for marrying the wrong man, to leave you alone... and to move the **** on.

Cas-
A person's personality comes from their parents, but also by the way that the person lived their life, what context he lived in, what events that person lived. The personality can be altered by the super ego, which is that part of you that tells you what is right and what is wrong because you LEARNED from somewhere what you should, or shouldn't do.
If your friend learned how to treat people, and learned habits and how to respect others I don't think she should have that much of a problem.
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
Sounds like your mom's got some issues of her own to work through...

Perfect family? Doesn't exist.

Also, for the bit about having relationships just like your parents, I would say it definitely influences (abused kids go with abusive partners) your choices, but to say that someone will turn out exactly like their parents and have the exact same kinds of relationships is complete bull****.
Well i noticed i act really similar to my dad, so maybe. But in a relationship there are two people and unless you marry someone exactly like your mom, it wont be the same as with your parents.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Parents are a big influence throughout childhood. You see what they do as "normal".

In my case, I've come to realize after 17 years both my parents are actually quite insane. Even acknowledging this, I'll probably carry out some of their "normal" mannerisms subconsciously until I smack my gob enough to stop.
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
In certain ways, yes, it is very likely, but what your Mum said was quite inaccurate. But you already knew that.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by PinkFender_69

Get this through your mum's head any way you can.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A PERFECT FAMILY.
Quote by LordBishek

You win!
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by LordBishek

That's what I tell my son when I present him the back of my hand for being so gay.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Page 1 of 2