Alright now I have been looking for a new bass since I realized my current bass rig,if you could call it that, was lacking in the tone I wanted. So now I am on the hunt for a new bass. I had most of my preferences down, maple neck and fretboard and ash or maple body. A 5 string would have been a plus.

Now I have 4 basses to choose from they are:
-Traben Chaos Core 5:$599.99

-Ibanez ATK305 5-String:$549.99

-Schecter 004:$479.99

-MTD Kingston Heir:$889.99

Well now I need help. Now I am leaning towards the Traben because it is nicely priced,I have heard good reviews and I think it will sound good. But I am still not sure, the MTD is probably a no, which leaves 3 other basses. I want a bright but still aggressive tone. Help?
I decided to change my sig to something big and colorful
Last edited by Emo_scene101 at Mar 17, 2009,
Quote by the_underling
For playing emo?

Surprisingly that made me laugh. Good one. No not really, more like Tool and more progressive bands.
Proggy stuff? That would probably strike the MTD and ATK, which isnt really bright per se, although it is a good bass. The MTD isnt really reknowned for that style, and Im afraid Traben and Schecter arent brands I have experience in, both have their supporters.
Attendez la creme!
"Harry dear, its an inaminate object"

"YOU'RE AN INANIMATE OBJECT!"
Quote by eaton1012
Do you have a good amp first off?

Right now?No. But I already know that an Acoustic B200 amp seems like a good choice.

EDIT:
Quote by the_underling
Proggy stuff? That would probably strike the MTD and ATK, which isnt really bright per se, although it is a good bass. The MTD isnt really reknowned for that style, and Im afraid Traben and Schecter arent brands I have experience in, both have their supporters.

Hm,seems like Schecter and Traben might be two of the better choices.
Last edited by Emo_scene101 at Mar 17, 2009,
I'd go for that Chaos Core. It looks awesome, and the twin Rockfield pickups and Aguilar preamp make it a winner in my book.

And out of curiosity, what's the other bass? You said there were 5 to choose from, but only posted 4...
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by Mutant Corn
I'd go for that Chaos Core. It looks awesome, and the twin Rockfield pickups and Aguilar preamp make it a winner in my book.

And out of curiosity, what's the other bass? You said there were 5 to choose from, but only posted 4...

Damn I am bad at math.Seriously? Thought I posted five. Oh wait.......nevermind.
Quote by Captain Insano
I would prolly go with the ATK. Although I would try and get the 750.

Just checked it out on musiciansfriend.It is nice. Good price too. I will have to think about that.
Again, the tone is versatile, but more a variation on standard bass tones rather than the Stingray growl it looks like it should give off. Which Im inferring is the kind of Tool-esque sound you're after, for which the Traben looks best suited, with twin exposed pole pickups.
Attendez la creme!
"Harry dear, its an inaminate object"

"YOU'RE AN INANIMATE OBJECT!"