So I am a virgin when it comes to building. I have always wanted to try it simply for the pleasure of saying that I built my own axe. I was just looking for some tips and a bit of advice. First off I play bass and I was wondering on how the type of wood effected tone. I mainly play metal but I am in several other bands ranging from Ska to Blues so it needs to versatile but still have balls when it comes to the metal because that is my main genre. Advice?
M374L

Quote by happytimeharry
This is why I'm proud to be an American. Keep your free health care. We get free boxes...

Quickstrike of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Bass Militia's Resident Viking PM jazz_rock_feel
Quote by Beleuchtung
So I am a virgin when it comes to building. I have always wanted to try it simply for the pleasure of saying that I built my own axe. I was just looking for some tips and a bit of advice. First off I play bass and I was wondering on how the type of wood effected tone. I mainly play metal but I am in several other bands ranging from Ska to Blues so it needs to versatile but still have balls when it comes to the metal because that is my main genre. Advice?
Yes. My advice:

Don't duplicate a thread 6 minutes after you make the first one.

*reported*
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
hybrid pickup set, kahler bass trem.

Check "the ONLY tone wood thread" for good advice on how wood type will affect your sound. (I'm not being an ass, that's how it's written)
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.