Hi - I'm relatively new here, but it occurred to me to ask whether or not, when I post a tab, I retain ownership of it? Am I free to remove it if I so choose? And, if so, how does one go about doing it?

Thanks,

-Old Rasputin
basically, yeah you 'own that tab' and you can remove it and change it whenever you want.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
t says you published it, but by rights its the ownership of UG i believe, like if you published a book.

and technically since its a tab of a song, some rights go to the artist too, and if this site were based in the US it wouldnt exist because of that.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Quote by charlie__flynn
basically, yeah you 'own that tab' and you can remove it and change it whenever you want.
change it? yes, with approval.
remove it? not easily.

Quote by TK1
t says you published it, but by rights its the ownership of UG i believe, like if you published a book.
Tabs are Contributed. So yes, control of them goes to UG.

Quote by TK1
and technically since its a tab of a song, some rights go to the artist too, and if this site were based in the US it wouldnt exist because of that.
not really. the tabs are your interpretation of how the song is played. The song itself will always be owned by the artist and record label. but your work via tablature in describing how to play that song is not the same as composing the song.

Quote by Old Rasputin
Hi - I'm relatively new here, but it occurred to me to ask whether or not, when I post a tab, I retain ownership of it? Am I free to remove it if I so choose? And, if so, how does one go about doing it?

Thanks,

-Old Rasputin
Tabs are not normally removed.
If you wish to remove a Tab you uploaded, contact aig91, emad, or Fox-x-x.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at Mar 17, 2009,