In my math class I was thinking about algebraic operations and I have a doubt.
If a*b = ab because both are different things what if I multiply apple*donkey for example. What is the result of that?
I believe you lose an apple and the donkey gets happy.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
appledonkey searchbar is the answer. To further simplify the equation, search 'homework help thread' or similar.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
I really can't tell if you're being serious or not...but in algebra, a and b etc are just "variables" i.e. They represent a number. So if a = 2, b = 3, ab = a*b = 6.

So if apple = 3, donkey = 4, appledonkey = 12.

But...you just wouldn't do that...lol.
a and b are variables. apple and donkey are not variables they're words. In any case, it's just a matter of notation. a*b=ab. That would only be a problem if you have a variable called 'ab' but I somehow don't think that problem occurs that often in math.
Its just an easier way of notating it, right?
If music was the food of love I'd be a fat romantic slob.
Neverender:SSTB 4/19

Goddamn this cursed iron fist. When I lose control!

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You, sir, win epically.
In reality, I like subtracting an apple and equaling a happy donkey, but mathmatically, anything can be a variable, like $ or . In that case, you would have value of apple times value of donkey.
lol the whole time I thought it said "meth problem". You can imagine my disappointment

Edit: isn't a*b = ab the exact same thing?????? I'm confused about your doubt here?
sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
Last edited by MangoStarr at Mar 17, 2009,
is this supposed to be funny?
Quote by blue_strat
This is Germany we're talking about.

Germany

Quote by stoner179
Thanks alot. When i read the first sentence, i dont know why, but i laughed in the middle of my first class at tech school. You sir have made me look like a fool for the first and last time
You either get appledonkey or donkeyapple. Its a simple concept that even the stupidest of people should understand. Fail, TS. Fail.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Pointless thread is pointless.

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
I imagine you're trying to do apple x donkey (read as apple cross donkey).
the vectoral quantity is too complicated to explain in one simple expression but it's most simplified form could be viewed as apple*donkey sin x
It's Ok, I'm a Doctor
T-T
(In Obviousness)

Quote by Irishstang_87
Good god, you're a Twilight fan. What are you doing in a scientific discussion?

Quote by Thewickerman666
I just watched a turtle rape a shoe, and must admit I slightly enjoyed it.

I feel dirty
a*b = ab because ab is just the conventional way of putting it.. you can add the multiplaction sign.. Its nothing to do with a and b being something.. they are variables.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

If its apple and donkey, wouldn't it be more logical to make it a,d??
sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
Well, you have apple, and you add apples "donkey" times, and you get apple*donkey...

It gets harder when you get to matrix multiplication.
Like, what do you get when you do Neo*Trinity? And remember you have to get into account Neo's glasses when trying to find the determinant when finding Neo^-1 (he has to be square though, so no more donuts for him)....
I gots one. So if a point can be physically on a plane. Why can't a point be on a circle? THe geometry book says different.