Tv on the Radio is playing at the house of blues in boston, and I've been looking for people to go with, but no one I know is down for it. If I don't go, I'll regret it, should I just go alone? Has anyone been to a show alone?
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
yeh just go alone

i do that if no one can come with me.

cos atleast i get to see the band i want to
I haven't been to a show alone, but I've gone with just my dad before which is kind of similar. But yes, you'll regret it if you don't go, even if you are alone! You might even meet people.
"F*ck the guitar solos!!" - Olli Vänskä

Quote by Capt_Clarkson
I dont know whats worse, you going out with a peadophile, or the fact you went to see Dragonforce
Err... DragonForce?

Happily married to SuperKoolKid
Just go alone. I'm going to go to a concert alone in 9 days, I always make friends at concerts so it's not really a big deal. Just talk to people (you at least have one thing in common) and it'll feel like you're with friends.
I went to see Bob Dylan alone. It wasn't the same as it would've been with friends, beacuse it was a ''strictly seated only'' concert.
I actually prefer to be alone at concerts.
------------------
Yeah dude, do it. I've been to a couple shows alone, all good. At least you won't have to worry about your friends getting lost
going to shows alone is just about as much fun as going with people.

and if your friends won't go see TVOTR, you need to smack 'em upside the head. teach them some sense.
Quote by Mky
I actually prefer to be alone at concerts.

Nothing worse than going to a show with someone that either A. don't know/like the band/type of music or B. don't like being around large crowds .......
People I know usually fall into one of those two categories so I usually go solo
but there's absolutely nothing worse than this

Quote by zwound
It wasn't the same as it would've been with friends, beacuse it was a ''strictly seated only'' concert.

Man especially when you go with someone that only likes one song by the artist ..... you gotta listen to them talking through the rest of the show

/rant
Almost none of my friends like the same music as I do, so I end up alone at concerts quite a bit. Usually I end up talking to people, and if I don't, there's still the band. It's really no less fun.
If only summer rain would fall, on the houses and the boulevards
And the sidewalk bagatelles, it's like a dream
With the roar of cars and the lulling of the cafe bars,
The sweetly sleeping sweeping of the Seine...
Nothing wrong about going alone. If you're lucky, you'll meet some new people and hang out with them during the show. That's how I meet a few of my concert buddies; i meet them at the show, turns out they live some-what close to me, and we plan on meeting up at another show.
Oh, and enjoy TVOTR if you decide to go!
Quote by glm
I love you for saying that.

after I said "if the Governator could do it; so can Mr. Colbert"
I went to see Meshuggah alone, just talk to other people that are there. I made 2 friends at that concert with whom I jam regularly.
I'd go if I were you. Paul Gilbert played in my town recently and I didn't go coz I had noone to go with. I soooooo wish I had gone now, you're regret it if you don't.
TRANSFORMICE

I went to Tool alone. Just kept to myself and enjoyed the show.
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
^ Dude, I wouldn't miss Paul Gilbert even I was on the brink of death lying in a hospital bed.
Gear:
Gibson SG Standard
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Gretsch G6118T Anniversary
Fender Standard Telecaster
Epi Les Paul Standard
Fender Showmaster

Peavey Valveking Half Stack

My YouTube Channel
I saw Serj Tankian alone simply because it would kill be to miss it. There is no problem doing it, and it's cool to meet people. Wear a suit and enjoy the show.
Signed.
I went to Beck this September somewhat alone. I had bought my ticket the day they came out thinking my friend who told me about the show would get one too. Well he didn't. When the concert came near I heard a couple other friends had gotten tickets from a broker, but they had balcony seats (real nosebleeds) while I was on the floor. We went to it and left together (aka I bummed a ride), but I was alone on the floor.

Strangely enough, I almost immediately ran into some guy who was in a class with me at the time. We started talking for the first time ever and it turned out he was good friends with my weed dealer who is in turn a friend of my sisters from high school. Small ****ing world, eh?

The concert was amazing Beck was great and MGMT opening was mindblowing as well. I say do it.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Last edited by snipelfritz at Mar 17, 2009,
Yeah I go to gigs alone quite frequently. As long as it's a band/artist I'm really into, I don't really even notice that I'm alone to be honest.
I went to Metallica alone in November. Found out after I could have gone with someone from work, but whatever, I got to see them and it was cool.
"If you can hum it, you can play it!"

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
ESP: LTD M-10
Marshall MD10CD
Yeah, there's nothing weird about going alone. You'll definitely regret not going at all more than going alone. You'll have a good time since you enjoy the band and you can even meet people who share your crazy taste in music. And btw I'm going to see TVOTR at House of Blues in Dallas in May and I'm frickin pumped.
Quote by metacarpi
I'd rather post a chat up line with an escape route in case it starts going wrong.

"Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"

*girl looks unimpressed*

"Because it looks like you landed on your face."
Last edited by blu_flame34 at Mar 17, 2009,
yeah i went to one concert alone, it was pretty bad ass. plus if other people are as big of fans as you are then you share something in common and can easily start a conversation
Quote by KlassikMetal666
Just go alone. I'm going to go to a concert alone in 9 days, I always make friends at concerts so it's not really a big deal. Just talk to people (you at least have one thing in common) and it'll feel like you're with friends.

this.. just talk slyly to people (between the music.. it'll be a laugh when u get there..
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Just go alone. I'd go to concerts alone if my parents would let me (assholes let my brother go alone when he was my age!).
Thanks guys, just bought my ticket!
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
first couple of gigs i went to was in london and i went alone.
its not that bad just take your mp3,maybe something t to read and talk with people in the que
http://groups.ultimat e-guitar.com/aa08s/

"That's what i spend most of my time doing,breathing a lot.I like air"-John Frusciante
Quote by CoreysMonster
I went to see Meshuggah alone, just talk to other people that are there. I made 2 friends at that concert with whom I jam regularly.

...I also went to see Meshuggah alone...are you me in the future! Show yourself!