Poll: Barack Obama started at 8:35 am on Day 1... was he 25 minutes early or 5 minutes late
Poll Options
View poll results: Barack Obama started at 8:35 am on Day 1... was he 25 minutes early or 5 minutes late
25 minutes early
56 56%
5 minutes late
44 44%
Voters: 100.
Page 1 of 2
Barack Obama

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2009/01/21/2009-01-21_new_president_barack_obama_quick_to_put_.html

WASHINGTON - President Obama took command on his first full day in the White House on Wednesday, moving swiftly and firmly to steer the ship of state in a dramatic new direction.

From the moment Obama stepped into the Oval Office at 8:35 a.m., he moved at a breakneck pace to undo George W. Bush's unpopular domestic policies, reach out to foreign leaders and bring more transparency to his administration.

And that was just by lunchtime.

Obama and Vice President Biden also hosted their first high-stakes huddle in the White House's vaunted Situation Room and convened their economic kitchen cabinet to jump-start America's engine.

"What an opportunity we have to change this country," said the new commander in chief, who stuck with tradition by attending a morning prayer service for the incoming President at the National Cathedral.

The nation's first black President began the first workday of the new era with 10 minutes of solitude in the Oval Office, reading a private note left by George W. Bush: "To: #44, From: #43."

And then he went about breaking from Dubya's ways.

He ordered Guantanamo Bay military prosecutors to cease cases against 21 accused terrorists, and aides circulated a draft of an executive order that would close the detention facility within a year. Obama is expected to sign the document today.

And he reached out to the troubled Middle East, speaking to the leaders of Egypt and Jordan, Israel and the Palestinian Authority.

White House press secretary Robert Gibbs said Obama's phone calls were meant to convey his "commitment to active engagement in pursuit of Arab-Israeli peace from the beginning of his term."

Gibbs said Obama vowed to work to solidify the ceasefire between Israel and Hamas in Gaza.

The President plans to appoint former Senate Majority Leader George Mitchell (D-Maine), a veteran mediator who helped bring peace to Northern Ireland, as a special envoy to the region.

As Obama got down to work, his cabinet began to fill up.

Hillary Clinton was overwhelmingly approved by the Senate, 94-2, to be secretary of state. She took the oath of office at 5:29 p.m.

And his choice to run the Treasury Department, Timothy Geithner, emerged largely unscathed Wednesday from a confirmation hearing on Capitol Hill.

The Senate approved six of Obama's cabinet picks on Inauguration Day, including Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano.

Obama followed through on his campaign pledge to bring more transparency to the White House, signing two executive orders and three memos that set new ethics guidelines for his team.

As you can see, he started work at 8:35am.

My question to you pit...

Was he 25 minutes early... or 5 minutes late?

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
no he didn't

5 minutes late
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
You can't prove that people DON'T walk on water. turn water into wine etc.
A black president is never late, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.
🙈 🙉 🙊
It's symbolic, 8 is the number he had when he played highschool football and 35 is how many inches his penis is.

The bastard stole my thing...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Ikey
8 years late

This is the real answer.
~Gear~
'96 Fender Strat MIM
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender '70s Reissue Strat

Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
4x12 Marshall AVT Cab
Marshall AVT50 Combo
No one is going to ask the president

"Please come in to run the country at 8:35"

I think he might have had a few too many Fire waters or maybe he forgot his little pass that let's him in

Quote by Våd Hamster

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Quote by entity0009
A black president is never late, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

haha
Quote by entity0009

That was perfect.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Seeing as the president lives in the whitehouse, he can never be late. <<< THAT IS THE ANSWER!

Also 8 years late +>9000
1 word cloud symbolize how much i hate Obama

Or better yet 3 letters

KKK

Oh, and 8 years late? HELL NO. 8 years early if anything.
Last edited by JimiJimmy at Mar 17, 2009,
Quote by JimiJimmy

Or better yet 3 letters

KKK

Indeed.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

at his command
Quote by JimiJimmy

Or better yet 3 letters

KKK

wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Quote by JimiJimmy

Or better yet 3 letters

KKK

So you're racist? Is that what you're saying?
Josh Homme writes the greatest lyrics EVAR:
"I wish we could get away
Drink wine and screw"

"Nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol
C-C-C-C-Cocaine!"

"I wanna lick you too much"

Own this Black Sabbath shirt?
Quote by el-ECTRO

I'm clicking, but nothing's happening! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
Quote by duncang

at his command
Last edited by CTFOD at Mar 17, 2009,
Quote by Kensai

Ok, maybe not 8 years early. Not 16. Not 24. Not 32. Never should a n*gger like Obama be elected, look what hes already done.

"I'm going to have a stimulus plan, so people can take money out of their 401k".

Soooooo, when are ya gonna do that, huh?
Quote by entity0009

Quote by JimiJimmy
Ok, maybe not 8 years early. Not 16. Not 24. Not 32. Never should a n*gger like Obama be elected, look what hes already done.

"I'm going to have a stimulus plan, so people can take money out of their 401k".

I don't believe saying racist things like that is allowed here, March 09er.
Quote by JimiJimmy

Racism much?
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by JimiJimmy

You fail more than Mccain/Palin
To avoid getting warned I would avoid racism xD

So pit... what are some reason he might be late?

Be creative.

Quote by Våd Hamster

Quote by JimiJimmy

And he's in charge of your country for at least 4 yours.

You're getting bent over and fucked by a 'nigger,' bitch.
Quote by JimiJimmy

Oh, so that is what you're saying. Well, you keep saying shit like that and I'm going to report your ass.
Drink wine and screw"

C-C-C-C-Cocaine!"

Quote by JimiJimmy
Hey! That's my klan!

So if you're racist, how come your username is an allusion to Jimi Hendrix and Jimmy Page?
Quote by duncang

at his command
Quote by JimiJimmy

Wow, you're cool
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by GnR_ROK

this..

no one gives a crap, so fuc off!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by CTFOD
So if you're racist, how come your username is an allusion to Jimi Hendrix and Jimmy Page?

'Cause he's just a troll.
Drink wine and screw"

C-C-C-C-Cocaine!"

Page 1 of 2