is there any way to tighten the string tension without tuning getting new strings or tuning it???

im playing in drop B and my E is dropped down to B so thats a big drop.

AND sorry, i CANT GET A 5 STRING!!!!!

OR GET THICKER STRINGS!!!!!

just looking for any adjustments that would help things out.
Well if your E is dropped all the way to B, that's the source of your problem. Get thicker gauged strings.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by synix
is there any way to tighten the string tension without tuning getting new strings or tuning it???
No.

The tension of the strings (among other things) determines the frequency of the vibration --> pitch.
The only way is to get thicker gauge strings I'm afraid.

stratkat
Thicker strings, and youll want to get the nut filed as well. The ony other ways are kind of expensive, involving either monorail bridges or neck replacements, and seeing as you cant change the strings, Im guessing thats not an option.
Attendez la creme!
"Harry dear, its an inaminate object"

"YOU'RE AN INANIMATE OBJECT!"
String tension is the ratio of string thickness, material, scale length, and tuned pitch. You increase string tension, you'd need to increase the thickness of the string, change the material, increase the scale length significantly, or raise the pitch.

So, basically, absolutely, positively not.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
wow. i love how i say i cant do two things and you guys still put them down.

guess im ****ed on this one :x
I agree with you on the fact that people recommended things you can't do, but regardless, for lack of a better phrase, you are fucked on this one. There's absolutely nothing you can do. Why can't you get thicker strings?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
^^so..you knew the answer to your question?
-
-
--
---
-----
--------
-------------
Yay fibonacci!
Last edited by capslockisnton at Mar 17, 2009,
maybe just drop D?

or, you could always raise the action a bit to prevent buzzing and bear it, for you are just that brutal.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
my band is going to do drop C or B. i cant get thicker strings because i need to play in standard on sundays at church. i think im going to try to find the thickest string and just file the nut but still be able to play in standard.
hahaha, the irony is in the fact that someone who is going to play in some brutal band that plays in drop C or B is worried about playing the default in church every sunday. hahah... *sigh
Quote by synix
Respect???

****in Asshole.

you can have as much attitude as you want but it doesn't change the fact that you need thicker strings.

why can't you use a bass tuned BEAD in church? you still have the same number of notes at your disposal
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0
why can't you use a bass tuned BEAD in church? you still have the same number of notes at your disposal

this sounds like a great idea.

you're still gonna need new strings though ts!

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
BEAD sounds like the way to go. Actually, the thick tone you get from the B string works quite well with p&w music.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by Mutant Corn
BEAD sounds like the way to go. Actually, the thick tone you get from the B string works quite well with p&w music.

I personally dislike the sound, but it does fit, the fatter the better, those acoustic guitars tend to like having a round full bass behind them, if you treble it up it helps very little.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
True that. I remember having problems with that before i got my pickups...the stock ones were insanely bright and sounded very strange until the guitarists switched to electrics.
Nope, no sig here.