Ive got a Ibanez GAX-70 and ive decided to change a humbucker,

which one should i get??

I play Pantera, Guns n Roses, and other heavy bands so i really want a good heavy humbucker to solo with.

i wont go further than 85 bucks.

Cheers..

Ive got a Vox DA 10 combo amp
Last edited by §Rock N Roll§ at Mar 17, 2009,
Well I guess EMG-Hz are out of the question.

quit being cheap lol.
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
well its gonna cost more than 85 to even get one installed first of all... second, you should have 2 passive or 2 active not 1 of each so thats also makes a difference

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by SPBY
well its gonna cost more than 85 to even get one installed first of all... second, you should have 2 passive or 2 active not 1 of each so thats also makes a difference

actually you can mix them. i did so, no problems were encountered.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 BK with a Dimarzio Evo in bridge
Jet city Jca2112rc
Digitech Bad Monkey
^This. If you have a Spider or MG, no pickup will make a difference.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Call up Jeff @ HighOrder Pickups. If you've got the patience to wait he'll build you the most musical and amazing pickup you've ever heard for $75.
Fargen Olde 800 1x12 Combo
Ernie Ball/Musicman Axis Super Sport Rosewood with custom HighOrder Pickups
Quote by §Rock N Roll§
umm,, im new at guitar gear and crap so ..
whats passive and active??

OK. You need to slow down. You are going to waste your money. These are what you should be concerned with... in this order.

Amp - guitar - pedals - then everything else.

Your pickups shouldn't be a concern right now or for a little while... not until you really know what you are doing and how to get the tone you are going for.

If your amp sucks... nothing you do to your guitar will help your tone.
i dont think vox sucks, i think its pretty good
and yeah ive got a pedal, Boss DS-1,

i just want to know which humbucker will suit my style of playing
Quote by §Rock N Roll§

Agreed. Vox's don't suck... but what Vox do you have?
Last edited by 667 at Mar 18, 2009,
Quote by §Rock N Roll§

It doesn't matter.

For what it is no, the Vox doesn't suck - but the harsh reality is it's pretty much at the arse end of the pile as far as amps go. It's a decent little practice amp, but there's np point worrying about the subtleties of what kind of pickup to get until you're usuing much better equipment.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^true that.

there is ganna be a diffrence but not much of a big one.

youd be better of if your just set up the guitar and save money till you find something bettor.
Quote by steven seagull
It doesn't matter.

For what it is no, the Vox doesn't suck - but the harsh reality is it's pretty much at the arse end of the pile as far as amps go. It's a decent little practice amp, but there's no point worrying about the subtleties of what kind of pickup to get until you're useing much better equipment.

True that.
You should listen to this, TS. Not good news but you know.
Pickups won't make any real difference right now.
You should start saving for a new amp, ideally all-tube because you won't hear much difference through most other amp formats within your probable price range.
Quote by Rock Pig
True that.
You should listen to this, TS. Not good news but you know.
Pickups won't make any real difference right now.
You should start saving for a new amp, ideally all-tube because you won't hear much difference through most other amp formats within your probable price range.

I agree also. The GAX is a fine starter guitar, but the cheap agathis body, and general build quality means I ouldn't spend much upgrading it. Pickups are a way of fine-tuning a decent rig to your tastes, but through a cheap amp et, you won't notice any improvement. Sounds like you're still pretty new to all this gear stuff, so your ear might not be developed enough to hear the difference anyway.