Amazing transaction and great deal with a great guy. Bought it last Thursday, it shipped yesterday, and I got it today... went to my neighbours as I was out, and I managed to pick it up. Which delayed slightly my trip to uni (ooops...) but it's ok... ah well.

So I took her, took out the 12s quickly, cleaned the board, polished the frets, strung her up with 10s, cleaned the body etc etc... then when about to do the saddles I realized out of the few hundred allen keys I have (ok maybe not, but close), not one was the right size. DOH! So I still need to setup the bridge. Doesn't play too well for now but that's normal. The frets however are clean, the body resonant and the guitar sounds good!

Tomorrow I'll probably try to find a 4 way switch, and black Tele knobs as I don't quite like all this chrome. I've already installed straplocks. That's all I'll do for now, though a 6 saddles bridge is planned for the new future.

I'm not sure about the neck's strat pickup anymore... This one's very beefy, big, open sounding... not too bassy as I'd recalled Tele necks to sometimes be.

Love the satin black, Pott.

Looks like a good buy. Black knobs would be a good choice, imo.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
Loving that satin finish. Also just nice to see a Tele that's not transparent yellow for a change.

Good choice on the black knobs, the contrast will look good. I would also think if you're not sold on the neck pickup you could get a new one without a cover and a black bobbin, would contrats the pickguard, match the body and it would mean you had less of the blinding chrome.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
nice guitar
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
i've wondered for a while, how does a 4way switch work on a tele, it only has 2 pickups so as far as i know it could only do
1.bridge
2.neck
3.both
4. i don't get it???

Edit: Nice guitar
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...
If seeing is believing...

...Then believe that we have lost our eyes!!
Last edited by Clutch32192 at Mar 17, 2009,
Nope, that's position 2. Position 4 would be both pickups in series as opposed to in parrallel. Much thicker, bigger sounding, with more output.
Quote by satcre3
maybe one is all of the pickups?

thats one of the choices already...
the three stock spots are
1.)bridge pickup
2.)Both Pickups
3.)Neck pickups

but idk what the 4 is for
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...

Quote by Pott
Nope, that's position 2. Position 4 would be both pickups in series as opposed to in parrallel. Much thicker, bigger sounding, with more output.

what exactly is parallel? ive heard of it, but nvr understood what it was
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...

Parrallel is when both pickups are connected as such:
- = +

In series they'd be like this:
- -- +

Electronically, in series you add resistance. So in a pickup, you add the output of each coils in a humbucker, or with two singles. In parrallel, the resistance/output would be 1/R1 + 1/R2.
Humbuckers are wired in series stock, hence the very high output.
Wired in parrallel, a humbucker would sound 90% like a split bucker (often wrongly called coil tap), but noise cancelling due to both coils being used, and each coil being on either side of the magnets' poles.
With two single coils, you'd need to have one rw/rp (reverse wound, reverse polarity) in order to get noise cancellation in parrallel and series.

So with two single coils, the switch makes them, in standard, wired in parrallel: both share the same hot start and ground. In series, there is only one start/finish, the coils being connected to each other at the end of coil 1/beginning of coil 2.

I hope I make sense?
Aye it's a highway one. Spent a bit of time with her today and WOW... Such a raw, mean sounding guitar. There's no hiding shoddy playing (ouch for me ) and it's not a smooth ride. Just as I love them.