Ok, so basically at the moment I'm playing a Cort x-2 and have been for two years and think it's time to get something a bit better.

Had my eyes on:

Jackson JS30RR
Jackson JS30WR Warrior
Dean Dime-O-Flage

My price bracket is around £200-350 (GBP)

Would any of these guitars be much of a step up from the X-2?

Don't really know my guitars very well :S

Any others I should be looking at?

Cheers
Check out my fitness blog here
For 200-350 you aren't going to get much better, though since you're in the UK you could try paying a bit more for a Washburn.
What kind of stuff are you trying to play, and what amp are you using?
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Erm I'm mainly into metal, rock and some blues. I'm using a Fender Champion 300 :S
Look to ibanez, your price range is in excess of 500 US dollars, and for that much, you can get a good one...

The Jackson JS series is not very good, and I'd stay away from deans just because they make a younger player look like a poser...

Look at the Ibanez RG5...
Push to 400 quid and try a Burny Les Paul. It'll have the edge over strictly metal guitars for the rock and blues. And you still have a reasonable X2 for tone range at that end.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Hey, You might want to get a guitar that holds its value. Oh and I don't know if you are going to like these but I'll give you links to sites I've had my eyes on:

Tradition guitars - These are so good and they are affordable. Most reviews at harmony central rave about them. It is not uncommon for these to get 9s out of 10 there!

http://traditionguitars.com/index.html

Eastwood guitars, These aren't as high quality as Traditions but Eastwood make unusually shaped guitars, All which are reissues although they make some baritone versions too.

http://www.eastwoodguitars.com/

Reverend guitars, These are the most expensive out of the three I linked to but I think these are going to become very popular in coming years. I played one yesterday, It was unusual and I liked it! It had a humbucker at the bridge and a P90 at the neck, A knob to change the amount of bass in the guitar and the body shape was a cross between a Tele and a Jaguar or perhaps a Les Paul. I wouldn't regret buying one.

http://www.reverendguitars.com/
Last edited by Gargoyle2500 at Mar 17, 2009,
Looked at a couple of washburns and they seem to have good reviews. Which would be the best in this price range?

Only problem with Ibanez are they seem to be alot more expensive in this country. Most of the stuff you could get for around $500 would now cost roughyl £450 over here due to our economy atm and the exchange rates et cetera... + I've tried out a few ibanez and didn't really liek the feel.

Had a look at the sites Gargoyle and like the eastwoods and reverends however seeing as they are not very well-known believe they may be difficult to get in this country

Also. are Epiphones and ESPs worth taking into account or are these a no?

Cheers for the help
Quote by maiden_man_666
Looked at a couple of washburns and they seem to have good reviews. Which would be the best in this price range?

Only problem with Ibanez are they seem to be alot more expensive in this country. Most of the stuff you could get for around $500 would now cost roughyl £450 over here due to our economy atm and the exchange rates et cetera... + I've tried out a few ibanez and didn't really liek the feel.

Had a look at the sites Gargoyle and like the eastwoods and reverends however seeing as they are not very well-known believe they may be difficult to get in this country

Also. are Epiphones and ESPs worth taking into account or are these a no?

Cheers for the help

you can try a ltd ec-401.
Hmmm I like it, but just been looking at the LTD AX-260 and I think I love it

Has anyone played one?
Since you liked the look of Washburn's, I'd recommend the X50 Pro. Very nice guitar for the price.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Look at the lowest ibanez S. Good guitar
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10