I am in the process of building a guitar which I have named "The Armageddon Guitar". Its a strat style body with several layers of paint (it was a cheap paint tester). When I was sanding it down to the wood finish multiple layers of paint began to show and it looked like it had 'survived a nuclear holocaust'. I sanded the back and a bird shape formed from sanding (by accident) that looked like an phoenix to me... so I've decided to leave it that way. Now I'm getting a 'Radioactive' strap, want to put a kill switch in it and blinking green LEDs (like radioactive glow... ). I also have a clear pick guard so you can see all the wires. Can you guys think of anything that would be crazy to add on and fit with the theme?

tl;dr : Have a guitar and need crazy effects/ascetics to go along with an 'Armageddon' theme.

edit: pics commin'

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv308/rossjosh1/guitarfront.jpg?t=1237325604

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv308/rossjosh1/guitarback.jpg?t=1237325607

edit2: pics don't do it justice. colors are far more vibrant and and it has dents and dings that show the paint through layers that you can't really make out...
Last edited by rossj90 at Mar 17, 2009,
Green strings and glow in the dark wiring?
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
Quote by Zero_Mike
Green strings and glow in the dark wiring?

or some more LED's under the pickguard?

oh, and if you have the budget/option for it, getting a fretboard with green-lighted fretmarkers would be awesome!
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Picsss mannn! sounds awsome
My Gear

Epiphone: Les Paul - 1994 - Birdseye.
Tenson: Strat
Samick: Acoustic < On Long Term Lend.
Samick: Amp - 15w
Roland Cube 30 Amp
DUde, get blinking LEDs for you fretboard inlays, kinda like that one Steve Vai guitar.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
set it on fire...

:L

edit:

maybe u cud get like a stencal and paint on barbed wire with breaks in to keep up the incompleat kinda explosion destruction kinda look
My Gear

Epiphone: Les Paul - 1994 - Birdseye.
Tenson: Strat
Samick: Acoustic < On Long Term Lend.
Samick: Amp - 15w
Roland Cube 30 Amp
Last edited by tomthebomb01 at Mar 17, 2009,
I don't think "blinking" LED's would be great.

Bit of green rope light at the rear of the guitar, will emit a glow around it when it is on, or a number of LED's, set into the back or side.
use black and yellow wires and twist them together soit s like caution tape
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Get some cheap glow-in-the-dark spray paint and spray it all over the inside of the cavity if you're going to have a clear pickguard.
My gear:
Flannel shirt
band
mushroom cloud inlays...
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Quote by AngusJimiKeith
mushroom cloud inlays...

Or a little bomb that starts out big and gets smaller in every iteration, pointing from the headstock to the body, with a mushroom cloud inlay on like the 15-11 or something.

But somehow I think you're not really asking for this sort of input... I still say glow-in-the-dark spraypaint, or the green ropelight/LEDs on the back to make the player glow a little is a neat idea.
My gear:
Flannel shirt
band
ooh i like that inlay idea better.

also--maybe a fallout shelter symbol on it somewhere??
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
I want to make it completely ridiculous. i was thinking about cutting into it and putting a pedal in it and a dial that would move when it was played... like this one that was in some GC i went into...
Fallout shelter symbol? like the Hazard symbol or something? PS my bad is writing a song called Fallout (simi inspired by the game) and i haven't even told them about it...
hold on...
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
I opened this thread hoping to find a guitar with pictures of Bruce Willis, Ben Afleck and Liv Tyler on it, and when I saw what it actually was, I was not dissapointed.

Cool idea man, maybe burn it a bit around the edges.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
^no chuck norris????

hmm, slight burning might look good, but be VERY careful, fire can be very unpredictable.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
I WILL BURN IT. I've been fighting the idea and I can anymore...
Gear:

Gibson SG
Epiphone LP
"Apocalypses Guitar"
70's Silverface Bassman Amp
Russian Bigmuff
Digitech Deathmetal Pedal
Digitech Badmonkey Pedal
Boss Tuner
i had a guitar that i sanded through the primer/ top coats and it was blue, black, and white, plus the wood color.

i agree, pictures for a paintjob like that DO NOT do it justice. most of the time it looks sweet.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Did anyone lol when they saw this in light of jscustomguitar's apocalyptic 4 horsemen guitars theme besides me??
Wow, that actually looks really cool.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
Ok... you need to somehow rig cathode green rods and make the voltage SLOWLY ebb and flow like the warm glow of a "radioactive thing".

get a transparent pickguard and place the rods behind the pickups so they won't be seen, then paint the headstock with a radioactive sign.

http://www.hoipexn.com/1080/Radioactive.jpg

Something like that.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
That looks ****ing sweet.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
awesome looking but I can seem to see a bird in there. Here this might be a cool idea like doing a bomb stencil like the one from this site. http://www.fender.com/joestrummer/
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Pics wont work for me but heres what I thought of when I read your post

Thats what someone with a lot of time to waste did to their PC. Its actually liquid cooled, thats what the green stuff is.
If I had that sweet piece of wood there, I'd engrave and/or paint a yellow (black outlined) biohazard symbol on the head. Not even any name, or anything, just that symbol.
do this to the pickup covers:

it takes unclear epoxy and a wax covered pie tin. put the glue on, weigh down the tin on there with a book or rock or something.

after the glue dries rip off the tin. instant awesome.

if you mix a bunch of sparkles in it, it will look crazy with led pickup accents.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
what a fluke with getting the phoenix on your guitar

Burn your guitar and see if it goes back to its original state
I like the phoenix on the back, even though it was a mistake.
Gear:
Squier Strat
Cordoba 20TM-CE Acoustic Electric Tenor Uke
Bugera V22