Me and my drummer friend are writing a 31 part Legend of Zelda rock opera. He was the mastermind behind this plan and he has like 4 songs written. It's based around the Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask. So what do you guys think? Any suggestions? If anybody wants to help let me know.
Unless you have a LOT of time on your hands, you won't be able to get past part 1.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by CTFOD
Unless you have a LOT of time on your hands, you won't be able to get past part 1.

well get all 31 done
This could be epic
yet it could also be fail

let's hope it's the former
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
as big of a Zelda fan as I am, I think this is quite a bit on the lame and a tad bit homosexual if I do say so myself
An LoZ R.Opera?!?!?!?!!!!???!?!?!??!?!?!???!?! Might be cool... or it might not...
At the end of the day...
Prepare to kill
everyone.
Quote by Minkaro
Are you going for the World Record for Most Pointless Punctuation in one sentence?

Actually, I am. I fully expect your vote for it.
At the end of the day...
Prepare to kill
everyone.
This could be very interesting. I, for one, am in favor of it, and I hope that you get it done.

I'm assuming that it will be similar in style (compositionally, not necessarily musically) to The Who's Tommy. If you need any help with editing lyrics, or if you get stuck betwen a rock and a hard place with where to go with said lyrics, I'll gladly help.

If there are no lyrics- which would be a terribly difficult thing to get away with- I may also be able to help with musical opinion/editing/critique.

Good luck, and I'll help if you so wish.
Quote by Haedadru
I suggest nicola teslas powered radiation death ray mounted on an orange, top secret, neo-nazi flying swastika

What?
Quote by Judas Acolyte
This could be very interesting. I, for one, am in favor of it, and I hope that you get it done.

I'm assuming that it will be similar in style (compositionally, not necessarily musically) to The Who's Tommy. If you need any help with editing lyrics, or if you get stuck betwen a rock and a hard place with where to go with said lyrics, I'll gladly help.

If there are no lyrics- which would be a terribly difficult thing to get away with- I may also be able to help with musical opinion/editing/critique.

Good luck, and I'll help if you so wish.

An instrumental rock opera would be an...interesting concept.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
Hey man, if you ever need tabs for one of the songs I might be able to help you out. Zelda tabs are a rarity on the internet, especially the unknown/unappreciated tracks like the Deku Palace theme (the only one that is on UG is the one I submitted).

Message me if you want any, I might be able to get you them.
Quote by 12Jim34
Hey man, if you ever need tabs for one of the songs I might be able to help you out. Zelda tabs are a rarity on the internet, especially the unknown/unappreciated tracks like the Deku Palace theme (the only one that is on UG is the one I submitted).

Message me if you want any, I might be able to get you them.

I know that one. One of my favorite songs to play on guitar EVER. I used the tab from here. Thank you my good man.

And this sounds like its gonna be amazing. Remember, Gerudo Valley, Deku Palace, and Lost Woods theme are the best. The only one I don't like is the Goron tune from MM. I bought MM a few days ago, I am so ****ing pumped.
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

Being a person who doesn't play a lot of video games (but did play Ocarina of Time), this could be actually a pretty cool idea.

Granted, these things don't exactly happen that quickly. This could potentially take a crapload of time, so I hope you don't have much to do.
I'm not exactly sure what a 'rock opera' is, but I'm game for anything Zelda related, I love it!
if you're gonna do it, do it right. don't half-ass it. that sounds like a heavy task, but if you pull it off, you'll own my underwear. what could be better?
...why?
OoT sucks, Link to the Past is where its at.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
New thought! Being an ocarina player and enthusiast, I recommend buying and mastering an ocarina. It really is surprisingly easy, especially if you already play another instrument. You can find a nice, cheap one at www.songbirdocarina.com (and it will play in tune/on pitch - some cheap ones from novelty shops won't play concert pitch for anything).
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
Quote by mental_zer0
the water temple part will be a bitch, i just know it.

My friend doesnt want to do the exact music from the game but we are throwing pieces in the songs we write.

heres the songs we plan on writing. all originals

1. Lonely
2. 2-3-1
3. That Damn Boulder
4. Give the God a Fish
5. Play that Bue Thing
6. Bow and Arrows
7. Save the Idiots
8. It's Cold
9. Shadow
10. I'm not going in there...
11. The Armless Drummer(The Ballad of Rick Allen)
12. Backtracking Sucks
13. Twin Bitches
14. Trials of Perseverance
15. Where'd the Organ Go?
16. 3:00
17. Why won't you Die?
18. The End

Majoras Mask lineup:

1. Why is he Flipping?
2. This is Boring.
3. My feet are Wet
4. The Baby and the Bongo