Alright, so I'm wondering if I can power a Whammy Pedal (AC powered) in the same surge protector as my BBE Supa-charger (DC powered) in some way without dealing with the horrible noise that it brings?

My rig is super-quiet until I bring out the Whammy, but I'd rather not have to find ANOTHER extension cord to plug into a completely different outlet just for ONE pedal.

If thats my only hope, then I guess it's bye-bye whammy, which is a shame, because I love it
I actually use my Whammy with my other DC power pedals in the same surge protector with no sound problems. Maybe you have a ground loop or something going on with your Whammy?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Yeah, thats exactly what it is
I don't know how to get rid of that though
Switching on my effects loop makes me wanna take a shotgun to the face.

I thought the fact that the BBE Supacharger has isolated power would keep the hum away, and my rig is fairly quiet when the Whammy isn't plugged in.
Would an EBtech Hum-X help me with this?
Or is there some other type of solution?
I wish I would've bought a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power with the courtesy AC plug, but the Supa-Charger was a Christmas present. Plus its considerably cheaper :P
Last edited by x7shadesofblack at Mar 17, 2009,
Quote by x7shadesofblack
bump.
nobody?
seriously?

I don't have these problems....and I use a shit-ton of pedals with my Whammy. Have you tried using another outlet? Maybe you just get the loop on that one outlet with everything plugged in.
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Mar 18, 2009,
well see the thing is, i have a surge protector on my pedal board, and from there, I wanna run that ONE surge protector out to the wall, I'd rather not send it to a different outlet...
Quote by x7shadesofblack
well see the thing is, i have a surge protector on my pedal board, and from there, I wanna run that ONE surge protector out to the wall, I'd rather not send it to a different outlet...

No I meant have you tried running everything into another outlet? It could be just this one outlet that is wired incorrectly. Does it do this on every outlet you've tried?
Your house might have screwy wiring. Try it at a friend's place, maybe?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
meh, well i've also tried it at practice spaces, friends houses, on-stage

sad thing is I love the damned thing, but it just sits there the majority of the time, the noise is so bad.
It might actually be your power strip. Maybe you're drawing too much power for it to supply? Tried your pedals in a different/more powerful strip? Try plugging the power strip into a different outlet than your amp's. As the amp's turned up it draws more current so that might be causing your problem.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
I've done this too. *sad face*
LOL
I just realized the one thing I haven't tried... My amp has a ground loop switch on the back (positive, neutral, negative)
I'm guessing this is more for noise coming from just amp, i doubt this'll do anything, but i guess its worth a shot.
I never really use the switch so I just kinda forgot it was there til just now