Could I get anywhere (or is there one online?) a metronome that steadily increases it's BPM? Like every few seconds the BPM goes up by 1 until it hits a certain amount. I feel like that would be better for working on speed than having to keep stopping to change the BPM on the metronome.
No way!
You need to get your fretting hand, picking hand AND brain all working in unison to steady tempos.
404: Sig not found.
Quote by ChrisN
No way!
You need to get your fretting hand, picking hand AND brain all working in unison to steady tempos.

What does this have to do with anything?

And Im not sure if they have those. If google couldnt help you, then neither can I.

That said, typically when your working on speed, you shouldnt be changing the speed often enough that you need the metronome to automatically speed up.

If your learning or drilling a technique, I would reconsider your approach and focus on playing the same speed for a long time rather then quickly moving through all the settings on a metronome
Last edited by learnyourtheory at Mar 17, 2009,
Speed is a byproduct of accuracy.

Playing relaxed will give you that accuracy.

Playing with a metronome can keep the tempo at a steady beat while staying relaxed. After a long period of time your body is trained to stay relaxed.

EDIT: But to answer your question, you could probably set up guitar pro or power tab(definitely guitar pro) to increase tempo after a set time.
If you play guitar, please don't waste your time in The Pit, and please instead educate yourself in the Musician Talk forum, where you can be missing out on valuable info.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
It's like you read my mind!

I got meself a self-approving sig. Kick. Ass.
Last edited by SilverDark at Mar 17, 2009,
Quote by learnyourtheory
What does this have to do with anything?
Excuse me?
It has everything to do with this!
You say that and then two lines later go on to say basically the same thing.
404: Sig not found.