Oi

I'm in the market for a good Fuzz pedal.
Something that would give me the sound that Queens of the Stone Age used on Little Sister. Something that could get me that kind of sound, but that is not only limited to it would be great.

My budget would be around $200 (CND), can go over if need be.

I play a Gibson Explorer through a Peavey JSX Halfstack.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.
Last edited by Metallicaxp at Mar 17, 2009,
Death By Audio Fuzz War.
I'm not sure if it's within your budget, but a Frantone Peachfuzz would be right up your alley because it can go from a light vintagey fuzz to a crushing mess, and it can also be used as a boost.

As far as I know, neither Josh or Troy use any fuzz pedals, but I might be wrong.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666
I'm not sure if it's within your budget, but a Frantone Peachfuzz would be right up your alley because it can go from a light vintagey fuzz to a crushing mess, and it can also be used as a boost.

As far as I know, neither Josh or Troy use any fuzz pedals, but I might be wrong.

I've heard Homme uses a few different fuzzes, including various Muffs and Tonebender type things.

And Cream Puff>Peach Fuzz.
Quote by shadow__666

Well i guess i could stretch my budget. I guess I ain't too firm on that.

All help is appreciated.
If you can stretch, get a Red Witch Fuzz God II.
Quote by imgooley
If you can stretch, get a Red Witch Fuzz God II.

Sweet, thanks man.

I'll look it up.
Quote by imgooley

And Cream Puff>Peach Fuzz.

Didn't we already have this argument?

Anyway, I've seen QotSA live twice, and while they had a load of pedals I didn't see a Muff anywhere (I couldn't recognise a Toneblender at the time, though, so I might be wrong) and he's on record saying he prefers to play with the settings of his amps to get different distortion sounds.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by Metallicaxp
Sweet, thanks man.

I'll look it up.

Yeah, the Red Witch is a hell of a pedal. Also look into some Devi Ever stuff.
Quote by Cathbard
Devi Ever Cherry pop. awesome Fuzz.

i also hear that the new Swollen Pickle Fuzz is pretty good at nailing the QOTSA tone.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
Devi Ever Cherry pop. awesome Fuzz.

i also hear that the new Swollen Pickle Fuzz is pretty good at nailing the QOTSA tone.

Awesome.

Thanks Man, much appreciated.
There are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many fuzzes, it's just sick. Some really good ones have been named already. I think QUOTSA uses a Big Muff, they're pretty cheap also. Maybe a Z.Vex Fuzz Factory, but might be over your budget. A Fuzz Factory can do literally everything if you know how to set it up.
Gawd, all the fuzz *****s are coming out of the hills.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by shadow__666
Gawd, all the fuzz *****s are coming out of the hills.

Lulz