for those of you who may like Saosin or any other similar post-post-hardcore bands .

awesome music from what I've heard. They've only got one EP out for now I think and are supposedly currently writing their full length.

www.myspace.com/closureinmoscow

http://www.purevolume.com/closureinmoscow

Check em out. I'm sure you'll like it.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Some of it was real good, but some of the vocals get a bit lost where the vocal melodies aren't quite good enough. When they get it right though, it's pretty cool.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

I would have to agree.

and also I would have enjoyed a totally different voice a bit better. This singer was just missing something.

really guys?

I figured that if the atronaut came in and gave approval, all of PP&E would come in to check these guys out

Pretty good band. Their debut on Equal Vision comes out today, I believe.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
I listened to the first song on purevolume then stopped. it was terrible.

may just be a first impression though.

Quote by Its_Rock77
I listened to the first song on purevolume then stopped. it was terrible.

may just be a first impression though.

Listen to " breathing underwater " or " vanguard " and you'll most definitely change your mind...

First temple is amazing. Reminds me a lot of The Mars Volta.

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

No idea where my brother heard of these from, but he randomly had 3 of their songs so i stoles them onto my computer. They're not bad although they easily sound like a number of other bands... when they come up on shuffle i dont stop and think 'who is this?!'
to be honest, the guitarwork on vanguard sounds a bit pretentious.

I so far like the old stuff better.

I discovered them a while ago and at first I thought that I would like them but I'm just not in to it anymore. It's an incredibly current and niche sound but in a few it will sound incredibly dated. I just think this techie post hardcore thing is getting really worn out. Well it's on to post-post-post-hardcore now...
Quote by na10tbolt
I discovered them a while ago and at first I thought that I would like them but I'm just not in to it anymore. It's an incredibly current and niche sound but in a few it will sound incredibly dated. I just think this techie post hardcore thing is getting really worn out. Well it's on to post-post-post-hardcore now...

There's absolutely nothing " post hardcore " or " hardcore " about this band. Straight forward nu-progressive rock. The only reason they're in this subforum is the label they're on.

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

Quote by loxer
The only reason they're in this subforum is the label they're on.

correction:
The only reason they're in this subforum is that Josh likes to talk about cool bands with cool people and refuses to even try any other forums except PP&E.
and they're close.

Quote by StonaLemons
No idea where my brother heard of these from, but he randomly had 3 of their songs so i stoles them onto my computer. They're not bad although they easily sound like a number of other bands... when they come up on shuffle i dont stop and think 'who is this?!'

I got them from the myspace link in this thread dude
brothers? *gasp* epic UG family.

but I should be seeing these guys wednesday night if all goes right. It'll most likely be amazing.

well, all didn't go right. the concerts actually a month from tomorrow

not that you guys care...

This didn't really hold my interest at all. Especially that first song on their myspace.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
listen to the songs from their EP.

Here's to Entropy.
We Want Guarantees.
Breathing Underwater.

Last edited by Its_Rock77 at Jun 17, 2009,
Those are definitely better songs, but still not hitting me the right way
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
oh, well regardless of their "uniqueness" it's still pretty generic stuff

it's catchy-ish

I pretty much just started listening to these guys a couple weeks ago and saw them at the troc in philly with senses fail. they're pretty good and their guitarist manny is an awesome dude to talk to. definitely a good new band
I heard them on the circa survive channel on last.fm the other day... And i dig the shit out of it.
Bump for an epic band.
Stoked they're in the US for Warped Tour this year.
Also, I find them "poppy" but not generic.
haha this comment is only for the people who said one of these two things

A. CIM is generic
B. his voice was "missing" something

you are out of your ****ing mind. lol im sorry to be so blunt, but seriously. generic, catchyish??! that's the best thing you could come up with to describe music you very likely have no ear for? lol. the only band that closure in moscow SORT of sounds like is The Mars Volta. there is no other band like them.
their guitar tone is absolutely amazing, does anybody know the rig/effects that they use by any chance??????? i can't find this shit anywhere!
at least some of you know what you're talking about though. they are definitely not at all post-hardcore, and they are likely in this forum because of their label. but nevertheless, genre-nizing bands degrades their creativity >_<

but hey, it's always the naysayers who are going to care enough to get on their computers and vomit their uncultured opinions when they dislike something (whether it is because they actually listened to it and aren't ready to hear something, or because they are simply dense and form opinions for the sake of forming opinions)
Last edited by KeepSingingNow at Feb 26, 2010,
they're from my city, seen em once but yep such nice guys. Definitely meet them if you can, they're a great chat. And Aussies ftw! Music wise, they put their own spin on things which makes it pretty cool
There was some drama with them doing Soundwave (music festival here, pretty cool) so they got kicked off. Shame.
Only started listening to First Temple today but I'm definitely impressed. You can hear a lot of Mars Volta in them but they're a lot more accessible imo

Quote by drifta_21
they're from my city, seen em once but yep such nice guys. Definitely meet them if you can, they're a great chat. And Aussies ftw! Music wise, they put their own spin on things which makes it pretty cool
There was some drama with them doing Soundwave (music festival here, pretty cool) so they got kicked off. Shame.

I can't get over that drama with Soundwave, after reading about it on their MySpace is seems very random. A lot of my mates were really stoked to catch them at the festival though the free shows will be good.