The Dimarzo Cliplock or the Dunlop Straplok. Please give as many reasons as possible
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
I prefer schaller's....

No accidental releases and it sits in a pocket so even if something happens it still cradles it.
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Mar 17, 2009,
Quote by IbanezPsycho
I prefer schaller's....

No accidental releases and it sits in a pocket so even if something happens it still cradles it.

+1

EDIT: Every guitar I buy , i don't leave the shop until i have Schaller in the matching color
████████
████████
████████
Last edited by Skywalker007 at Mar 17, 2009,
Quote by IbanezPsycho
I prefer schaller's....

This.

First thing i do when i get a new guitar- put some schallers on it
I used to have strap locks when I thought it was super duper cool to run around and jump all over the place.

Then I realized it's more important to play better.

As far as your likes and dislikes, it's up to you. Used to use Schaller, which were good, and Dunlop's a company that's been around forever. Just buy one and try it they're not too expensive.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by IbanezPsycho
I prefer schaller's....

I've had two sets fail on me and nearly dropped my Les Paul during a show because the pocket swung around on top then accidentally released and I don't jump around.
the lesser known of the 4
i have both dimarzio and dunlop. the cliploks are nice, but i find that they are a hassle. when you take the strap off, the big ends are still flopping around on there... the dunlop ones aren't as pretty , but they make alot more sense in a case or gigbag.
Main Gear List:
Guitars:
Jackson RR7
Agile AL-3100 Double Bound
1977 Fender Jazz Bass
Amp:
Blackstar HT-5
peavey bass amp
Effects:
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Danelectro 7-band EQ
I prefer the design of the Dunlops. Just don't fall for the small plastic things - they're useless. Also, look into the Planet Waves strap lock (the strap which locks itself), I've had no experience with it, but I've heard positive things about it (though I'm not sure how it works as well as a normal straplock).
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
Quote by IbanezPsycho
I prefer schaller's....

I do like those, the only complaint is that the bottom one puts tremendous pressure on the instrument when it sits on it.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Schallers are very nice. I have them on my PRS. My strat has Zeppelin which are pretty nice too. Just needed some locktite.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Boston Straplocks. Exactly the same mechanism as Schaller but better built and attach far more sturdily/firmly. They're also cheaper.
404: Sig not found.
I put some pro line ones on mine...I was looking for the Schaller ones but they didn't have and these have the same design. I've never had a problem with them.
Quote by Kartman
I do like those, the only complaint is that the bottom one puts tremendous pressure on the instrument when it sits on it.

That's why mine failed. Both times I was left holding the guitar with my fret hand only. Scary stuff when your really into your music and the guitar just falls away. And that's not even mentioning having to re tighten the nut on the strap every few weeks with a wrench because it works loose.
the lesser known of the 4
Last edited by 5thhorseman at Mar 17, 2009,
I have dunlop straploks and the schallers.

i like both, but the schallers do have kind of a second defense againse dropping the guitar, seeing as it sits kind of in a groove/pocket thing.

The dunlop ones, you have to push a button to take the strap off, whereas the schaller one, you have to actually pull the little lever thing to get it off, which in my mind makes it more secure.

I also have some cheap plastic things, and i certainly dont recoment those.
Dimarzio cliplock > Dunlop Straplocks > Schallers

The whole schaller defense of sitting in the pocket DOES NOT WORK IF THE POCKET IS FACING THE WRONG DIRECTION. I've had them fail.
Gear's : Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube | MicroCube | Noisy Cricket | Ibanez S470DXQM Blue Burst | Takamine EG440C
Pedals : MXR M-108 EQ | Digitech Bad Monkey, Sanpera I, GFS Tuner

Seref : Cali would put a health warning on celery if they could
^I don't understand how you could possibly manage that though...
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
^I don't understand how you could possibly manage that though...

+1

Why would they be facing the wrong way in the first place and how did you manage to pull the release button by accident.
I use Ernie Ball straplocks. They're great, really easy. I like them better than the Schallers or Dunlops.

Or go with some cheap plastic thing from a bottle that would probably work just as well.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Last edited by Exo M7 at Mar 17, 2009,
Quote by Castiel
Dimarzio cliplock > Dunlop Straplocks > Schallers

The whole schaller defense of sitting in the pocket DOES NOT WORK IF THE POCKET IS FACING THE WRONG DIRECTION. I've had them fail.

If the pocket is facing the wrong way, you didn't install them right...did you put the pocket upside down in case gravity decided to switch directions?
I have the dunlops right now but they dont work so great because they work themselves loose and i cant levae the strap on when i stick the guitar in the case because they stick out too far. So Dimarzios or Schallers? And how much do each cost?
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
Quote by Polystant
I have the dunlops right now but they dont work so great because they work themselves loose and i cant levae the strap on when i stick the guitar in the case because they stick out too far. So Dimarzios or Schallers? And how much do each cost?

Schallers and they run $16.99 possibly cheaper if you search around...
Quote by zhunt1130
If the pocket is facing the wrong way, you didn't install them right...did you put the pocket upside down in case gravity decided to switch directions?

as opposed to picking the guitar up and it being upside down in your hand while you hold it? You do know that there are no laws of a physics saying someone can't pick it up wrong
Gear's : Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube | MicroCube | Noisy Cricket | Ibanez S470DXQM Blue Burst | Takamine EG440C
Pedals : MXR M-108 EQ | Digitech Bad Monkey, Sanpera I, GFS Tuner

Seref : Cali would put a health warning on celery if they could
Quote by Castiel
as opposed to picking the guitar up and it being upside down in your hand while you hold it? You do know that there are no laws of a physics saying someone can't pick it up wrong

The guitar swivels inside the pocket and the straplock is stationary always facing up so if the strap lock is installed correctly there is no way for it to fall out the strap. Even in mid flight doing a acrobatics the force is always pushing the guitar into the pocket. Picking the guitar up by the strap, your still forcing the guitar into the pocket. Holding the guitar upside down while wearing the strap, guess what... the force of the guitar is still going towards the pocket. This is what physics tell me, i dont know what the hell you are smokin...
Quote by strat0blaster
I used to have strap locks when I thought it was super duper cool to run around and jump all over the place.

Then I realized it's more important to play better.

As far as your likes and dislikes, it's up to you. Used to use Schaller, which were good, and Dunlop's a company that's been around forever. Just buy one and try it they're not too expensive.

Malmsteen? he plays everything pretty much note for note live and also does guitar flips and stuff.

also depending on how good your existing strap buttons are and your strap itself they can come apart pretty easily, my guitar fell off the strap once while i was leaning over to pick my tuner off the floor.

i use schallers, they're really good and about 2/3 the price of dunlops (and better IMO)
Ernie Ball Super Locks. Best of both worlds, really. 360 degree secureness of the Dunlops and they're hard to accidentially disengage like the Schallers.
schaller , end thread/
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Does anyone have a reason to not use Ernie Ball? They're quicker than the Schaller system.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
I just bought the planet waves strap lock (locking strap?). feels really secure, I think the hardened plastic would shatter before the lock failed. only thing is, it feels uncomfortable as hell on my telecaster but feels fine on my sg. go figure