Hi,

Just got my American Fender, so sweet. I kind of want to put it on a stand in my room to show it off, but I am worried about not keeping in it's case.

So I guess my question is, could an everyday bed room (i.e dust and being in direct sunlight the window) have an adverse effect on my pride and joys appearance or functioning?

Thanks.
I've never kept my guitars in their cases. Nothing ever happened. As long as you don't have some extreme climate in your room, you should be fine.
No you should be fine. If the humidity varies, it might go slightly out of tune between playing sessions, but that's no problem. Also, if you leave it alone for a few months and let it go out of tune for an extended amount of time, the neck could warp a bit, but that's nothing that most music stores can't adjust for you for under $10
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Last edited by food1010 at Mar 17, 2009,
try not to leave it in direct sunlight as it could warp or the colour could fade
=========

Nathnialm

====
Cool, so the sunlight won't bleach the finish on the guitar then?
Sunlight over the years will eventually fade the finish, but so will sweat, and the air and just avout everything else. It'll look cool in 10 years or so.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Keep it in your case! Use the stand for temporary reasons only (during practice)
The case will protect your guitar from the varying humidity /temperature changes that happen when your heat kicks on and off (forved air furnace). Storing in direct sunlight is not recommended as passive heat build up from solar exposure can warp wood, crack finishes.
Last, one clumsy move and you'll dump your guitar from its stand and possibly cause damage!
Moving on.....
i personally don't trust 1 guitar stands.. i've seen instances of the stand being accidentally hit and tipped over resulting in a broken guitar neck.
Quote by Gadjo
i personally don't trust 1 guitar stands.. i've seen instances of the stand being accidentally hit and tipped over resulting in a broken guitar neck.

you can get guitar stands with things that hold the neck
Thanks all. Think i'll just keep it in the case to be safe.