I think that you should try them and decide which you like best. They are similar in a respect but they are also radically different. The Saber has a thinner, flatter neck and the ZR trem which uses ball-bearings instead of knife edges. The MH-400 is probably the lowest value of the 3 and i'd assume has the cheapest bridge of the 3 as well. The Hellraiser has a thicker neck (a bit, not as much as people over-exaggerate about here), but the profile is quite a bit different from an ibanez.
thanks guys!
yea i am looking for something that is great for shredding, a metalcore type of rig!
but can also be considerably flexible as well.
Last edited by mccullenx1 at Mar 17, 2009,
Quote by mccullenx1
thanks guys!
yea i am looking for something that is great for shredding, a metalcore type of rig!
but can also be considerably flexible as well.

Yeah, the S series is your best bet for that style of music.
Wow, they're all great guitars. I'd go with the Schecter, it has Original Floyd Rose right?
Quote by MetaMegaMagic
Wow, they're all great guitars. I'd go with the Schecter, it has Original Floyd Rose right?

I think they used to if im not mistaken.

I would go ibanez but it may need new pickups
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
For me it's a toss up between the Schecter and the Ibanez. The ESP is basically the same guitar as the schecter without the OFR and I think the Schecter has coil split on the EMGs.

Both guitars can be found in 90% of guitar centers, many local stores tend to have both or either brand as well.

I'd go for a new Schecter unless you can find a used one with the updated EMG's.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio