I was in my local guitar shop and testing out this delay pedal with my guitar and decided to jam a bit of soothsayer by buckethead. So I m sitting there when another guy sits down trying out a guitar and starts playing the solo to the song. We alternated solo parts playing for about 20 minutes with about 15 people just watching us. Felt ****ing amazing an all these guitarists clapped at the end.

So pit tell us good times with your guitar ?
when i played at ribfest (naperville)

it was awesome

i felt like a rock star after we finished playing, even tho it wasnt that many people because we were wayy before the main act, which was REO speedwagon

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
When Troy Sanders nailed me in the forehead with his bass during a show by accident, and it put it out of tune.
Or the time I jammed with Norma Jean after a show in Norfolk backstage while Maylene was setting up. Good things happen when you offer to help set up.
Quote by maximumrocker
when i played at ribfest (naperville)

it was awesome

i felt like a rock star after we finished playing, even tho it wasnt that many people because we were wayy before the main act, which was REO speedwagon

You can still tell people you theoretically opened for REO Speedwagon...
Yeah sounds a bit like the fact my friend always tells people when he gets drunk he got his shoulder dislocated in a mosh pit by dimebag.
I had an entire church asking me for guitar lessons once... I turned 'em all down cause I don't have a clue where I'd begin, but it still felt pretty cool.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Soloing over Comfortably Numb in a local pub at a jam night...the applause afterwards was almost orgasmic.

Edit: And the look on my friend John's face first time I did some widdly string skipping tappy slidey nonsense. I believe bricks were shat.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Last edited by Zaphod_Beeblebr at Mar 17, 2009,
My first gig, infront of 100-200 people! Felt amazing just to walk up on the stage while the lead guitarist began with his intro riff and the cheering at the end of the song
PLaying my first gig and the headline act (who thought we were going to be rubbish) actually having to crawl around on the floor to look for for their jaws during the soundcheck And my two solos best of all
Quote by SLonergan
I think the Raw Power guitars look like badly painted Easter Eggs.

Peter Green Jimi Hendrix Tom Morello Joe Bonamassa John Frusciante Eric Clapton Paul Gilbert B.B. King
I was in a guitar store, and at this stage I was a total newbie to the instrument. Well, I was having one of those "frustrated with the guitar" days, and just plugged in and let my fingers and picking hand fly. Somehow, I did a shred run for like 5 seconds, totally accidentally, and my friend I was with looked at me in total awe. He was totally gobsmacked.

I also know I'll never be good enough to do cool stuff like that intentionally, which is a major bummer.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
When i was younger i was at a party with loads of long haired metallers. I was a bit regular looking at the time and no one knew i played. I ripped a quick bit of eugenes trick bag and left.
I was at guitar center one time and I had the loudest best 5 minute shred I've ever had. A bunch of people started watching. I'm not that good but it was probably the best I've played. Oh yeah, I was wayyyyy high (who said weed is bad)
i need a famous quote
Defenently the first Woodstock it was awsome!

but seriously being a bassist, at a jam night (with my band) playing Longview (yeah I know it's not an overly difficult song) which we'd only ever played as a band once before that night went over tight as a nuns kunt! & the ****ing place went off when we finished!!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Tbh the other day, playing about 2 minutes of Steve Vai's for the love of God, and since I don't know the rest I improvised, and it sounded immense!

And I don't know how to solo.
l was at a guitar store trying out an lbanez when this other guy comes around. THen this other guy sits down and tries out a bass guitar. After 1 seconds of the song he joins in and plays the bass part perfectly. We played the entire song with the store workers and like 2 other pople watching, afterwards everyone applauded and said that it was amazing.

Felt like a rockstar.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

Some guys "garden party" Aspenbury.
First (only ) live gig with a PROPER BAND.
So so so so so so so amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I loved it!
First time anyone recognized me as a good guitarist live!

unfortunatly, our band broke up shortly afterwards.

and now i need a band.
and lifes not fair

*goes and sits in corner with bottle wrapped in brown paper bag*
Also that time i played Sultans of Swing at a battle of the bands with my band. Before us there had been some cappy Metallica,Pantera and other metal and hard rock covers. Than we came out and totally nailed the song. We got a hell of alot of recognition at the afterparty.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

Me and my mate did a gig with a couple of other musicians. We did Comfortably Numb.

I knew the bare bones of the epic solo's but I improvised most of them and absoloutely ROCKED them if I say so myself. We ruled the joint that night.
me and my friend played and sang Jump by van halen in music class one time, with me on a crappy nylon strung classical guitar, and my freind playing the keyboard with a ****ty beat behind us this was like, while people were trying to learn.
that's about as good as it got for me

EDIT; apart from an epic tapping solo when I was trying my new amp(while it was still in the store)
WONGA!
Quote by StringAssassin
I would be angry too if there were turds on my head.
In '69 when Jimi Hendrix played a guitar in such an awesome manner that it actually ejaculated. That is the greatest guitar moment ever. Scientists are still baffled.
Quote by Trefellin
In '69 when Jimi Hendrix played a guitar in such an awesome manner that it actually ejaculated. That is the greatest guitar moment ever. Scientists are still baffled.

Some funky blues licks that most guitarists can pull off these days? No, they're not baffled. The dude was just a bit ahead of his time.
Quote by clapton-floyd
Some funky blues licks that most guitarists can pull off these days? No, they're not baffled. The dude was just a bit ahead of his time.

I was referring to the fact that a guitar produced and expelled semen.