My mother recently asked what bass I've been looking at. I told her my two choices, an ErnieBall/MusicMan Sterling 5 or a Fender Jazz Bass, but have yet to make a decision.

Halp plz?
Peavey Fury bass
100 watt SWR Workingman's 12
Try them both out yourself. They cost too much to simply go off the opinion of a forum.
signature
Apples and oranges.
Quote by FbSa
Back in the 70's I decided to take all the frets off Jaco's Bass thinking he would play worse. Man did that backfire.

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']FUCK YES.

GSAWS, I LOVE YOU.
Me personally Fender Jazz Bass. What do you like about the basses you listed ? You should go to a guitar shop and have youself blind folded while someone hands you random basses (have it plugged in a amp like the one you own). Thats how I make my desicons yea random but works, I end up with one that feels sounds great.
i'd take the jazz, most people here already knew i'd say that and know why.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
The question is difficult to answer as it is, since they're not similar basses, but the genres would help.
However, if you said Sterling HH, then that, every time, over the Jazz, because it has a coil-tap switch that gives you J-Bass tones, as well as humbuckers for that massive growl that Js just cant do. It also has a 3-band EQ, where only the Fender deluxes and 24s are active
Attendez la creme!
"Harry dear, its an inaminate object"

"YOU'RE AN INANIMATE OBJECT!"