Shit, it's been forever since I've posted a song here, November if I'm thinking correctly. If I'm also thinking correctly this will be my 20th song here as well, for whatever that may be worth haha.

This one is a short/midlength, melancholic, poppy rock song (I hesitate calling it metal, although the influence is there) with a progressive flair, drawing influence from Agalloch, Katatonia, Alcest, and Paramore (find Waldo, lol). There's a fairly large emphasis on the mixture of clean and distortion guitars, as well as being coupled with tremolo picking in a post-rock fashion for a sizable part of the song.

This really isn't the style I write in often, and I know I'm probably overstepping some boundaries, so tell me! Any and all crits welcome.

Crit for crit, of course.

Enjoy (or not).

Attachments:
Together We Felled The Sun.zip
Great intro.

I liked how it led into the instrument kick in, nice flavors. Good dissonance, and definitely good chording. Definitely sounds like John Haughm and Josh Farro's gay manchild.

The happy lead, with the little minor flair in the end was good. The drumming fit up until it played the bass-snare-bass-snare pattern. Not a fan of that anymore

The powerchorded bit was cool, unusual for what you usually spew out here. Great clean section, fit the song. Speaking of which, I can hear Hayley singing this song

Okay, far too many smilies. The clean build-up to the partat 70-ish was good, but not "WOOP" good. I like the tremolo lead, definitely post-hardcore goin' on there, and had a folky edge to it.

Then, the harmonization. wow. Good stuff man. This is why I voted you best forum musician...and that drum fill! Good gracious, cool stuff. The happy outro was pretty cool, but nothing noteworthy.

9/10

My piece is "the Glen", the dark ambient piece a little bit downwards/...
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Very good my friend.

There wasnt a single thing wrong that I found with the entire song. I especially loved the solo. Normally tremolo picking for an entire solo tends to be boring, but the way you made the two leads dance around each other was so beautiful it couldnt have been better.

My only piece of advice would be at bar 69, do more with the clean guitar. I think that a few more chords would really add to the rhythm.

Other than that though very nice work. Id like to hear some lyrics with it!

Anyways, C4C?