Page 1 of 2
hey guys !
i have been playing an acoustic guitar for a few months now and i've decided to get an electric guitar. been browsing the websites trying to find a guitar that suites me.. a hell lot of options . of all the guitar brands, i have been researching more info about fender. I'd like to play heavy metal and hard rock.. is fender good for that? someone told me it's not really a metal guitar, that i should go for an ibanez. what do you think I should go for ? any help will be much appreciated
Practice Makes Perfect
Fenders are well-rounded guitars for all sorts of genres, but if you want to play metal, I'd suggest getting a Fender with humbuckers, such as a fat strat or Jaguar HH.

IMO, I'd go with either Jackson or Ibanez. Maybe even ESP/LTD guitars. ultimately it's up to you. just play around on some at a shop and find what fits you best.
fenders (strats) and basically every other fender look REALLYY out of place in metal maybe look into Schecter Ibanez Or Jackson they are the cheapest known metal brands
^ deffinatly, check out lower end Ibanezs and ESPs. IMO Jackson FTW!!, but they're not really that cheap.
In order to live, you must be ready to die

R.I.P. DIO

FUCK JUSTIN BIEBER

Quote by Metallica_AC/DC
a mental asylum called Mike

Quote by Masamune
That's cuz you mad...Mike.

Sorry, had to get my corniness out of the way.
but fenders are shiiiiiiite
and jacksons are sexyyyyy
and i have my name written on the headstock of my guitar!
Quote by satcre3
but fenders are shiiiiiiite
and jacksons are sexyyyyy
and i have my name written on the headstock of my guitar!

Jimi Hendrix
Eric Clapton
Pete Townsend
John Mayer
Kurt Cobain
Stevie Ray Vaughan

What do all six of the above listed have in common?! THEY PLAYED FENDERS
What VictorinoX said... Fender makes great workhorse guitars. You can do whatever upgrades or mods you'd like to get the "sound" you're going for (EMG's, whatever). Fenders "look" out of place? Who gives a crap? Since when did it become more about image than tone?
Quote by dzrice
What VictorinoX said... Fender makes great workhorse guitars. You can do whatever upgrades or mods you'd like to get the "sound" you're going for (EMG's, whatever). Fenders "look" out of place? Who gives a crap? Since when did it become more about image than tone?

You ever listen to anything mainstream from the eighties?!

ZING!
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Jimi Hendrix
Eric Clapton
Pete Townsend
John Mayer
Kurt Cobain
Stevie Ray Vaughan

What do all six of the above listed have in common?! THEY PLAYED FENDERS
and they all play "old man music"
and like 3-4 of them are dead
so you play a fender YOUR GONNA DIE lol
Three actually, and that doesn't count the various other artists that use Fenders. Kid Rock's old guitarist used a Fender Jaguar, Sid Vicious used a Fender P-bass, Marcus Miller uses a J-bass, Jaco Pastorius uses Fender basses. How's about widening your horizons and not being such a dick? That helps everyone.
i dont need to widen my horizons the only music i like is metal
and fender is BAD for metal
Try Schecter, Ibanez, or Jackson
Fender 1989 MIJ Strat (It's from the 80's, so it's gotta be legit!)
Breedlove AC25 SM
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']you're an idiot, and people like you are the reason today's "metal" sounds like absolute crap
lol totally cos i dont like ****ING gay ass fender
oh and i hate gibson too ^^
I'm tempted to just unleash on this guy, but I just got off my ban TODAY and I really don't feel like getting in trouble just yet.
Quote by satcre3

what bout the explorers?
because i dont like 2 brands of guitar
i bet you dont like certain brands of guitar too
Quote by satcre3

Cos?

Maybe when you're grow up, you'll appreciate the classic tone and feel of Gibsons and Fenders...
Quote by satcre3
because i dont like 2 brands of guitar
i bet you dont like certain brands of guitar too

Yeah, except I have my reasons, outside of "they're not good for *insert music genre*"

Quote by dzrice
Cos?

Maybe when you're grow up, you'll appreciate the classic tone and feel of Gibsons and Fenders...

Or perhaps he'll even learn how to spell properly?
LOL im NEVER ever going to like a classic tone
plus everyone has a strat and the guitars are just ew
and too mainstream

as for you victorinox
i hate them because they are ugly
and their sound EW
Last edited by satcre3 at Mar 17, 2009,
Quote by satcre3

Lol i'm getting a troll vibe here.

Just because i don't care for certain brands doesn't mean i won't walk around claiming that they're homosexual or that they suck.
Quote by satcre3
LOL im NEVER ever going to like a classic tone
plus everyone has a strat and the guitars are just ew
and too mainstream

as for you victorinox
i hate them because they are ugly
and their sound EW

Dude... I don't much like fenders either, doesn't mean you have to be such a narrow minded bigot.
Check out my fitness blog here
Quote by maiden_man_666
Dude... I don't much like fenders either, doesn't mean you have to be such a narrow minded bigot.

yeah i guess your right
sorry guys
If your budget is modest and your tastes metal I'd take a close look at Schecter. Lots of bang for the buck.
Ibanez or a fernades
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
haha.. ur in the same situation im in. Ive been playing my Dads Ovation for a couple months and he is buying me a New Fender Fat Strat(HSS Humbucker Single Coil Single Coils Pickups)
I played it At Guitar Center and It is AWESOME!!.. I play alot(Or want to play lol) of alternative, Hard Rock, Blues, Screamo and Stuff, and This guitar can play anything.... Totally Recommend it..... Or You Can Get a Guitar Designed For Metal.... Ibanez,Jackson,ESP, are for metal.... But you should go to a`Guitar SHop and Try them out yourself..
Get a schecter.
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Quote by satcre3

You're retarded, not only did Metallica play Fenders, and Daron used one for a while.
Quote by crazy8rgood

Oh, look at those naughty waffles and their banana's...

*fapfapfapfapfap*

(if this is against the rules, I'll take it down.)
Quote by Da Squiz
You're retarded, not only did Metallica play Fenders, and Daron used one for a while.

We already resolved this, homeboy.
Quote by satcre3

Go look up Winter Sun. One of the guitarists used a telecaster. They are a melodic death metal band.

Iron Maiden? They used Fenders Strats.

And I don't care if this has been solved, because this is just pure stupid.
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
Go look up Winter Sun. One of the guitarists used a telecaster. They are a melodic death metal band.

Stupidity is a better word choice, btw. It actually makes sense, grammatically.
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON

Just because one band uses a certain guitar doesn't mean that it will give anyone that plays that genre the tone they want.

Honestly, how many people want to sound like Maiden anymore?

I'm sick of everyone going "NO! MAIDEN UZES STRATZ LOL THEY R SO METALZ!"
I like the technicality of their music, and the fact that it's somewhat challenging, but I don't go ape**** over some lyrics and the fact that they endorse a certain guitar
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']I like the technicality of their music, and the fact that it's somewhat challenging, but I don't go ape**** over some lyrics and the fact that they endorse a certain guitar
I love their music too, but just because they play 80s metal with strats doesn't mean that suddenly strats are qualified for heavy metal...

And sorry if i sounded angry, im just a bit fed up with it is all.
Page 1 of 2