So, long story short, I bought a ton of records only to find that the record player I found in my attic hasn't worked since the 1970s so I want to buy a new record player.

I prefereably want something that has good sound quality and bass control that is under or around £100. I would quite like it to have the capacity to convert vinyls into MP3 files too but that would just be a bonus not an essential.

Recomendations Pit dwellers? I don't mind if it is slightly above budget.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
I just got one of these , and it works great, although I don't know much about turntables
Quote by synestershadows
Shai Hulud mother****er.
this is the only turntable I would ever in good faith recommend to anyone http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_SL1200%20MKII%20PK%20DJ%20Turntable_-1_10052_10002_-49957381?cm_mmc=Froogle-_-Turntables-_-SL1200%20MKII%20PK%20DJ%20Turntable-_-TSL1200PK

I don't really know about cheap all in one units because I've never owned one, but save up for one of those and run it through your hi-fi.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
So I did a quick search and found this. It is a bit expensive but it looks like a pretty good system. It not only got the the vinyl to MP3 capacity that I was hoping for but it also has a CD player which is useful because my current CD player cost about a tenner from TESCO and the sound quality is shit.

Does the Pit approve?

Quote by Kid_Thorazine

That does look like a pretty sick turntable but it is a bit out of my price range. Even though I have two jobs I get low pay and I only work on weekends so I don't really have that much disposable income. As it is I'm dipping into my savings a bit to afford one at about £100.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Last edited by IDread at Mar 17, 2009,