I have a SpiderValve 212 which I havnt used for about 3 days because I was away from home.

I came home today ready to playyyyyyy...but there was a problem. I turned my amp on, left it in standby while I did some random things for about 3 - 4 minutes. Once I was ready I flipped it out of standby and strummed a couple chords and adjusted my volume. Once I was ready to really start playing the amp softly started "ooooooo"ing

the ooooo got loud and louder and then started crackling like crazy and finaly made this loud ass feedbacky noise so I hit the standby switch. I made sure everything was plugged in correctly then tried again...same thing. and tried once more, same thing.

Any ideas?
haha its like feedback on crack basically.

its not normal feedback, something is wrong

edit: is there anything I can look for to tell if its my tubes or not? I took a look and they were glowing orange like normal
Last edited by Gmarkey at Mar 17, 2009,
Im running an FBV shortboard which connects to a designated plugin on the back of the amp
Congrats, you've just experianced a Spider.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by classicrocker01
Congrats, you've just experianced a Spider.

Moral of the story is, don't buy an amp with an animals/living creatures name in it.
Quote by Lefty Guitarist
Moral of the story is, don't buy an amp with an animals/living creatures name in it.

D: I like this amp
It might be a preamp tube gone microphonic, but it's hard to tell.

Quote by IbanezPsycho
Amp making "oooooo" sound then crackling and freaking out

That usually only happens to me when she turns on the lights...

LOL
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com