heres the situation:

i finished my clapton strat build (Midboost kit, Lace Hot Golds) a while ago and have been having problems with the volume ever since. It has increased substantially from they way it was before. It seems a lot louder with full vol and no midboost on, than it did without the kit installed and vol full. id say that now 6/7 is as loud as 10 before the mod.
I switched pickups but that was before the boost kit and they were fine, no vol increase or anything.

so my question is, would a bad vol pot (250k) create a significant volume increase?? What would cause a volume increase like that?? or could it be a bad solder joint or something else??? a friend suggested that it could possibly be a bad tube in the amp but i don't think thats likely...

btw amp is an Epi Valve Jr.
"If the blues are a living thing, Charlie Patton and Robert Johnson taught it how to walk; Muddy and Howlin' Wolf taught it to run and Stevie and Eric may have made it rock but it was T-Bone Walker who made it electric."
wouldn't a mid boost....boost the mid.....and in turn...the output.....and volume? or no?
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
nope.. people who have these installed say that it actually becomes quieter because of all the compression that is added...
"If the blues are a living thing, Charlie Patton and Robert Johnson taught it how to walk; Muddy and Howlin' Wolf taught it to run and Stevie and Eric may have made it rock but it was T-Bone Walker who made it electric."
Yeah, you had better try to understand EXACTLY what your mid-boost kit is doing. From this article:

http://store.guitarfetish.com/cstmidbocidr.html

it looks like your kit probably has various output options, including high and low impedance output. That would certainly effect the volume of the output...which, as RCA points out, is what it's designed to do. =/

In other words, my suspicion is not that your volume pot is bad, but that by installing the mid-boost kit you have changed the output impedance of your guitar, therefore it's amplification properties.
thats not my kit.. mine is the eric clapton one. read this..

"How it works: There are countless combinations of tone you can get with this little baby but basically, the 50k volume control still controls the overall volume, while the gain control when left on zero still add a beautiful top end sparkle and spankin' shine to your tone because the circuit is always active. As you gradually turn up the gain it gets more violin like sustain and fatness and becomes more like a humbucker. It retains the same volume level which is great because you can be playing a clean rhythm and then just turn up the gain some to do a singing solo and then back it right down to clean again without blasting people's ears out on the solo. The thing about gain though is as gain is increased, more compression happens so if you really crank up the gain, it actually sounds less loud because of the compression but it probably isn't."

http://www.areyouexperienced.net/fender_clapton_mid_boost_kit.htm
Alright. I think I've found a clue as to what might be going on.

Assuming that all of your pots are the correct values, and that you have connected everything properly, I noticed this sentence in the link you gave us:

I measured the output of the guitar with the preamp installed, the output [impedance] is around 70k vs. the usually low 6k for a Strat pickup!

If it is the case that your guitar's output impedance has changed (and there is no reason to think it hasn't) then this will definitely affect your signal gain.

This *might* be the correct explanation of your problem, but I am not sure how to fix it. The first thing I would try would be to see if there is an alternate high impedance input on your amplifier and then plug into that one.