Desperate times, desperate measures pit! Im writing as essay but suddenly word shuts down and ive lost 700 words - when it reboots im not given the option to recover the lost data - is there ANY way of getting it back?!?! the deadline is tomorrow. im desperate!

I wouldnt be that peeved if it hadnt taken me hours to the last few hundred words!

Im sorry if this topic is not allowed, im absolutely desperate!
it didn't save when the computer shut down, so no, there is no recovery for it
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
ooh, if it doesn't give you the option, you're screwed.
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Quote by ClaptonWannabe
Start typin'

yea, i think youre pretty much S.O.L.

maybe look in the word help thing, they might say how to do it, but i doubt it.
I have no opinion on this matter.
word automatically recovers data..
but as you said, it didnt recover, so.. yea start typing again..
and dont forget to hit ctrl+s every 5 seconds
Seriously grab a coffee and you will able to chug out a replacement 700 words in under an hour. Chances are the replacements will be even better than the origionals as you have time to rethink things.
In my castle, so way up high.
I look down, upon the sky.
Quote by slashs_#1_fan
Desperate times, desperate measures pit! Im writing as essay but suddenly word shuts down and ive lost 700 words - when it reboots im not given the option to recover the lost data - is there ANY way of getting it back?!?! the deadline is tomorrow. im desperate!

I wouldnt be that peeved if it hadnt taken me hours to the last few hundred words!

Sorry i cant help

BUT

In future, set it so that it saves automatically itself every few mins. Its in the options somewhere
Quote by peaceonearth52
it's only 700 words
it takes me like 7 minutes

quality not quantity mate - takes longer than 7 minutes to write a a coherent analysis of Foucault's theory on biopolitics and state racism...

sorry, im in a mood lol

Its not in the recovery folder or as a temp file anywhere Im running a trial of recovery software which allows you a preview of it if it finds it - im hoping it shows me the bit i need and i cant write it down!

Thanks for the tip on the autosave mate

edit: MeGaLoLzz for survivalism! not. my desire for cheesy garlic bread overcame my common sensical need to save it
Last edited by slashs_#1_fan at Mar 17, 2009,
Yeah your SOL sorry, remember every 100 words save.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
Quote by slashs_#1_fan
quality not quantity mate - takes longer than 7 minutes to write a a coherent analysis of Foucault's theory on biopolitics and state racism...

sorry, im in a mood lol

Its not in the recovery folder or as a temp file anywhere Im running a trial of recovery software which allows you a preview of it if it finds it - im hoping it shows me the bit i need and i cant write it down!

Thanks for the tip on the autosave mate

Dude, in the time it takes you to run all that crap and find out it doesn't work, you could just rewrite the thing.

Nobody here is joking. You need to rewrite it.
You're*
yeah i know, im re-writing it now, but it I can recover it, even if i have re-written it, id like to have the choice of whether to keep my new paragraphs or cut them out and stick the old ones out.

Cheers anyway peeps
Quote by slashs_#1_fan

You may repair word documents due to word repair. The program can't modify source files during recovery. The application uses modern ways for restoring word info such as: easy to use Recovery Wizard, has low system requirements. Software starts under any popular version of Windows OS.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Check for hidden files in the directory of the document.

yeah

happened to me before, had a 20+ page essay that got lost, but there were some document files in the dir

they were all wierd like, &klaj98234x("¤%& saying shit like that but my mom knows a guy that fixed it and he managed to get segments of my essay recovered

still had to rewrite alot but it's something
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
I was going to make fun of Word 2007, but then I realised I still have Word 2007 on my PC.

And then I realised I was about to make fun of Word 2007 and am a massive dork...

alephan
You're about 8 years too late to help here. Please don't bump old threads
its always funny how many users are banned in these necrobumps lol
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

what you need is a new word processor
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.