ok so. Next friday March 27th is our school's battle of the bands, and we are completely unprepared. until this weekend it was only a drummer and myself (I play guitar and can sort of sing)
this weekend we added an amazing bass player who im confident can pick up anything and he can sing, but right now we only have one song down and we have a 15 minutes slot.

the one song we have down is dammit by Blink-182

our current setlist of indefinites is:

Move Along- All American Rejects
Longview- Green Day
Like the Angel- Rise Against
Give it All- Rise Against
Gifts and Curses- Yellowcard

any suggestions? advice on how to pull our act together? and how is our setlist?
just songs that are popish main strean ad people will know also they have to be good
Give it all is pretty easy, plus it's a good song.

In the vein of that style of music, try "Flavour of the Weak" by American Hi-Fi. Everyone knows that song from the 90's and it's piss easy. "Scotty Doesn't Know" by Lustra (from Eurotrip) is a ridiculously easy song that the whole world knows too.
Last edited by JakdOnCrack at Mar 17, 2009,
If you want to win, play what you've got there. Poppy, easy stuff.
And Like the Angel, its the best and least boring song you've got listed there.
blitzkrieg bop(the "Hi Oh Lets Go Song" if you don know), easy to sing and its only power chords
Quote by 666Pounder
If you want to win, play what you've got there. Poppy, easy stuff.
And Like the Angel, its the best and least boring song you've got listed there.

It's almost as if you pre-quoted me, then erased the quotes.
Dave Mustaine is a Joke

Quote by strat0blaster
Why don't you just all jam and see what comes out

That wat she said!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch Jason Newsted pisses off James Hetfield on YouTube.
I would say do "Breaking The Law" by Judas Priest instead of yellowcard. Everyone knows it and it kicks ass.
Question not yourself. Challenge those who would deny you your true self for an independent thinker is the greatest enemy to those who seek to control you
Everybody knows priest? What high school do you go to because I'd love to meet some kids who actually know classic metal covers when played ( my band does that one from time to time for fun, kids have no clue what the **** it is)

ok you've got a fifteen minute slot
Dammit is roughly a 3 minute song so you need 12 more minutes to fill this time up
Get 3 more 4 minute songs and play them.
Sounds like you guys are a punk/alt outfit so it should be really really easy to learn some covers for your genre.
ok thanks guys, we ended up taking out gifts and curses, so now were still looking for a replacement song, maybe a relient k song?
Quote by tuckerbh16
ok thanks guys, we ended up taking out gifts and curses, so now were still looking for a replacement song, maybe a relient k song?

Try a Billy Talent song, it would make you look more original.
Dave Mustaine is a Joke

Quote by strat0blaster

Quote by JakdOnCrack
Oh, do "Too Many Puppies" by Primus. It's actually really easy.

lolz love that song.
Quote by tuckerbh16

Song2 by Blur. Just stumbeld upon it in my playlist, thought it would fit in. Maybe another yellowcard song. Avondale would be kick ass
Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."
Quote by Highwaytohell
Everybody knows priest? What high school do you go to because I'd love to meet some kids who actually know classic metal covers when played ( my band does that one from time to time for fun, kids have no clue what the **** it is)

ok you've got a fifteen minute slot
Dammit is roughly a 3 minute song so you need 12 more minutes to fill this time up
Get 3 more 4 minute songs and play them.
Sounds like you guys are a punk/alt outfit so it should be really really easy to learn some covers for your genre.

I graduated almost 4 years ago, and anyone who didn't listen to only what was on the radio/sh*tty hip hop/rap knew it.

Regardless, it's a great song and a great closer for a set list even if alot of the kids you go to school with don't know it or Priest.
Question not yourself. Challenge those who would deny you your true self for an independent thinker is the greatest enemy to those who seek to control you
man i gota do half an hour, with 8-9 other bands competing against me, and my singer dont wanna do covers only orginal stuff, which sucks cuz like all the songs i know are covers, i mean im kinda good at making music but im an awesome guitarist, who can improv for as long as i want, personally i've done it for about an hour before. but we only got about 3 songs and thats not enough right now i gota work my ass off, to do this gig
im an awesome song writer too, i've writen about 20 songs/poems in my year on starting to write songs
Quote by jose1216
im an awesome guitarist, who can improv for as long as i want, personally i've done it for about an hour before. but we only got about 3 songs and thats not enough right now i gota work my ass off, to do this gig. im an awesome song writer too, i've writen about 20 songs/poems in my year on starting to write songs

This is irrelevant autofellatio of your ego. Get to fuck.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by jose1216
man i gota do half an hour, with 8-9 other bands competing against me, and my singer dont wanna do covers only orginal stuff, which sucks cuz like all the songs i know are covers, i mean im kinda good at making music but im an awesome guitarist, who can improv for as long as i want, personally i've done it for about an hour before. but we only got about 3 songs and thats not enough right now i gota work my ass off, to do this gig

I could improvise for an hour and half, but it would eventually start to sound like **** after about 5 minutes, and I've never seen anybody have a good improv for more then 20 minutes. But you probably have a lot of self-confidence lol.
Dave Mustaine is a Joke

Quote by strat0blaster

learn one by metallica, itll take up some time, and if you cant do the solo have the bassist improv some bass solos, and other than that do alot of poppy songs everyone knows