You could get one of those $300 RG350something-anothers from ibanez, used for maybe $200-$250. After that, take the left over money to buy a OFR, and some dimarzio pickups, then take the rest of the money and take your girlfriend to dinner or something, so hopefully, in the end, you have a sweet guitar AND you might get laid.

or you could buy a sustainer or something.

Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by JackWhite333
any specific ones you reccomend?

Schecter Hellraiser C-1

ESP LTD FX-260

The Schecter is a little over $700 but it's ****ing worth it!
Last edited by punker_7970 at Mar 17, 2009,
How many of these threads are you going to make?

1 for sure yesterday, and like 3 today?

GTFO
Quote by conor1148
You could get one of those $300 RG350something-anothers from ibanez, used for maybe $200-$250. After that, take the left over money to buy a OFR, and some dimarzio pickups, then take the rest of the money and take your girlfriend to dinner or something, so hopefully, in the end, you have a sweet guitar AND you might get laid.

or you could buy a sustainer or something.

i agree with him a rg with new pick ups and OFR would be really good and plus you get some quality time under the sheets and if you dont have a girlfriend there's always another way to get laid with like 100 dollars.... lol
Quote by ticklemeasian
i agree with him a rg with new pick ups and OFR would be really good and plus you get some quality time under the sheets and if you dont have a girlfriend there's always another way to get laid with like 100 dollars.... lol

sweet guitar, sex, expensive food..

the good things in life.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Stupid ? maybe.

But cant any guitar, and i mean any guitar do metal.

Wouldnt the primary concern for a metal sound be, guitar tone wood, pups and then amp.

Does it have to look like a warlock or have shark teeth?

My friend has a Fender MIA California series and i put that through his 5150 and it sounds pretty brotalz.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Mar 17, 2009,
Quote by punker_7970
ESP and Schecter.

Seriously, they're amazing.

Schecter FTW. Yeah, ESP's are fantastic. I just have this thing for Schecters right now. Just got a Solo 6 Classic, but they make lots of models for shredding and progressive.
Check out the Schecter C-1 w/ FR
After playing the Solo 6 Classic all day, I am totally sold on their quality for the price.
hmm RG fits that perfectly.
Though go with some passive DiMarzios for the Shred/Prgoressive tone and still do metal.
EMGS could suffice if you play more metal.
Guitars-LEFTY
Bernie Rico Jr. Custom Jekyll
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Laney VH100R-Sell/Trade?? pm me
Cube 15
Misc.
THD HOT plate Attentuator and other stuff
Quote by THEKID546

No. Rammstein's guitarist uses an American Tele.

To be honest, TS, the guitar's looks has nothing to do with anything. Would you like to use a trem. a lot? Do you like the thin necks that Ibanez has to offer, or do you like the thicker necks - like me. Other than those two things, the wood and the P-Ups seem like the most important thing when it comes to guitars. Buy a cheapy and buy good p-ups and an original floyd, if you like useing the trem. a lot. I'm saving for one on my Kramer. Then, I'll get an EVO and I'm not sure about the neck p-up.
Last edited by The.new.guy at Mar 17, 2009,
Quote by Krzy8
hmm RG fits that perfectly.
Though go with some passive DiMarzios for the Shred/Prgoressive tone and still do metal.
EMGS could suffice if you play more metal.

if it was me going to put in pick ups i would put in seymour duncan blackouts better then the emg 81/85 set and sounds like both a passive and active mixed together.
Quote by The.new.guy
No. Rammstein's guitarist uses an American Tele.

well there you go.

I just find it odd everytime theres one of these threads like this people automaticly point at Ibanez or Shecter or LTD, as if there looks is what makes them so brotalz.

I mean i have a shecter but i played a ton of guitars in the same price range before i settled on the C-1 classic.

then again i was young back then and if i had to go back i would have chosen a guitar bassed more on feel and sound rather than looks.

Good thing i lucked out on the C-1 classic the guitar is near perfect.

Just my stupid rant.

Baisicly dont chose a guitar on looks, play it on feel and sound.

Try as many as you can, if you find a chepy like an epiphone and you like the way it feels but not the way it sounds, then just change out the pick ups down the road it will be just as brotalz as any Ibanez or Shecter.

But then again if the Ibanez feels right go for that.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Mar 17, 2009,
Quote by ticklemeasian
if it was me going to put in pick ups i would put in seymour duncan blackouts better then the emg 81/85 set and sounds like both a passive and active mixed together.

Blackouts still dont really get all the tone out of the wood that passives do. For shred i and many others i think would prefer some passives. though actives can still shred of course.
Guitars-LEFTY
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Cube 15
Misc.
Quote by Krzy8
Blackouts still dont really get all the tone out of the wood that passives do. For shred i and many others i think would prefer some passives. though actives can still shred of course.

yeah i know but if he wants to do progressive, shred and metal i think it would be a good choice to get blackouts. of course you wont get the full tonal wood sound but it's better then buying emgs and having the same sound no matter what guitar you put it in. so pretty much it's emgs with like half the passive sound lol.
Quote by ticklemeasian
yeah i know but if he wants to do progressive, shred and metal i think it would be a good choice to get blackouts. of course you wont get the full tonal wood sound but it's better then buying emgs and having the same sound no matter what guitar you put it in. so pretty much it's emgs with like half the passive sound lol.

Not even half. I won't lie and say that they sound sooo organic, i just enjoy actives because of the enhanced harmonics and sound.

I have the blackouts and to play something shreddy/prog/metal; i would look to petrucci for some advice and stick for passives... and a ton of skill and awesome gear.
Guitars-LEFTY
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Cube 15
Misc.
ESP MH-400 ?
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-MH400NT-Electric-Guitar-?sku=516685
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-MH401-Floyd-Rose-Electric-Guitar?sku=520115

Set Through Neck, EMG 81/85, Available w/ or w/o floyd. Its versatile but mainly for metal, which is what you would be using it for. If you want a different body shape the other ESP-400 series guitars should fulfill that.
My Rig
Mesa Triple Rectifier Half Stack
Jackson USA King V 2
1988 American Made Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/Bigsby
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
I'd look for a used RG550.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Ibanez S470, seriously great guitar.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Although Tradition (http://traditionguitars.com/) Make copies mostly I'd say their guitars are spot on the real thing. They are well made and are affordable enough. I saw one of their Les Paul copies on ebay for $300. Plus the reviews at Harmony Central rate them high (9 and up)

Last edited by Gargoyle2500 at Mar 18, 2009,
You're definitely looking at an Ibanez.
My Gear:
Ibanez ART300 electric
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt combo amp
Yamaha FG-130 acoustic

There is no God.
Despite their image as a 'shred' guitar, Ibanez guitars can do cleans pretty well too so I would recommend them, just avoid Edge III bridges!
Schecter, ESP, Jackson, Ibanez
Schecters have great value, good specs for a good price, however their necks are not for everyone, so try before you buy. You listed shred so im assuming you want a thin neck, and if that's the case, look at the other three, mainly jackson and ibanez.
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
I would say Schecter Blackjack C1 FR. passive Seymour Duncans, Floyd Rose, locking tuners, mahogany body, and coil tapping. Plus you get the cool ace of spades inlay lol
The world doesn't revolve around you. If it does, beware. You're probably about to pass out drunk.

The 19 year old who knows his stuff. Most of the time.
Shecter with emgs in it. I wish i got that instead of the fender deluxe active jazz bass
Quote by THEKID546
Stupid ? maybe.

But cant any guitar, and i mean any guitar do metal.

Wouldnt the primary concern for a metal sound be, guitar tone wood, pups and then amp.

My friend has a Fender MIA California series and i put that through his 5150 and it sounds pretty brotalz.

+1

but then imagine when you add sharktooth inlays and a warlock body fused with a bich IMAGINE THE BROOTALZ!!!

but yeah I agree, looks have nothing to say with metal guitars.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...