A 2 kg particle moves at a constant speed of 4.0 m/s around a circle of radius 5 m.

(c) What is the angular speed of the particle? (In radians / second)

How do you solve this problem correctly? I came out with two different answers: 5.027 and 43.35 and both were wrong. Can somebody explain how its done?
The trip around the whole circle is 2*pi radians.

So angular speed = (4m/s) / 2*pi*Radius / 2*pi

First 2 terms being the proportion of the circumference travelled in one second, and the 3rd term to change it into radians.

But the short answer is angular speed = v/R
= 4m/s / 5m
= 0.8 radians/s
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
Kill your friend, kill your friend's girlfriend, then kill the person she's cheating on him with. Then rape all three of them, then kill yourself, then rape yourself.

Member of the "I watched The cptncacklefanny Soap Opera" club
Quote by NovaLau

First 2 terms being the proportion of the circumference travelled in one second, and the 3rd term to change it into radians.

= 4m/s / 5m
= 0.8 radians/s

Totally wrong..
Quote by NovaLau

= 4m/s / 5m
= 0.8 radians/s

Good job, that worked. I dont get why you divide by 2pi again though, cancelling out the 2pi in the circumference equation. I thought you would have to multiply it to get the number of revolutions in terms of radians.
i agree
Last.fm

"Music is a language of emotion. It informs our words with FEELING, and doesn't need to be learned.. It's visceral and innate" - Jason Silva