Well, im pretty sure im coming to my conclusion on a carvin v3 for my next huge investment, i want you guys to make me want to buy one.. I've done tons of research and have gathered my opinions, but i want to know pros and cons i might not have noticed, (yes there is a thread like this, with minimum response,) but i want to know, what you think is good about it, why i should buy it, if i shouldnt, want should i get for something that versatile, or can do anything from sparkly cleans to heavy metal, and.. a random question, should i replace the tubes when i get it? i hear they are grainy..

anything is very much appreciated 8)
I can't say much about it but I think there is better out there

the Traynor YCS 100 (I think)

or mesa Mark IV
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Does sparkly cleans very well. Has a lot of gain, but probably isn't the best for modern metal.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Were in the world could i get a mark IV for 850? also, shadow, by metal, i mean, metallica, and slayer, and perhaps things like avenged sevenfold, or heavy stuff like that,even though a7x isnt really what i call metal, but heavier-ish stuff, thanks so far guys 8)
Yeah, a few of those videos are really killer, im curious though to that mark IV statement, all i got is about 900 for the head/pedal, and than 150-2XX somethin for the cab im build, or buy,
Ok, sorry for bringing up semi-old thread and double posting, BUT

I read that this amp isnt chunky enough for modern metal.. or whatever.. Is this true? i think it can do heavy stuff, however.. how much better would it sound for stuff like A7X or KSE or COB with a tubescreamer in front of it? or would i even need one?
The mark IVs are going for 9 to 1200 used
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
well really only have 9 to work with, otherwise anything over is out of the option, unless i get rid of all my crappy gear (minus my axe till my iceman is done) for 400, than i MIGHT be able to afford a triple rec cuz there are like 4 for sale for 1200-1400
sorry for so many questions and double posts,im just makin sure i get the amp that suits me most.. and i figure the nice people at UG know whats bestest 8)

Here's what im coming down to..

Carvin v3, (I hear that new tubes dont help the v3 at all, is that true???)

Or

Carvin x100b with-
new tubes, probably ruby's,
mxr 10 band eq
Tubescreamer of some sort?

I play ANYTHING, crystal clean, to brootalz.. triple rec is outa the question, for some reason i dont like them 8/ (puts up flame shield)